Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,

I haven't really heard too much buzz on TreasureNet about the Excelerator coils, but I have heard LOTS about them on the forum FindMall. Have you seen our webpage on the coils? There's lots of field test reports, I know there's some MXT field test reports with the SEF coils... here's the link: http://www.kellycodetectors.com/excelerator/EXcelleratorMain.htm - that's to the main page, but read some of those reports on the SEF coils... they're really kind of unbelievable!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
coingairl300 said:
HI
I would like to no if any one has used the Excelerator 10x14 DD from kellyco. I am looking for a coil for my MXt that will go deep,and handle ground minerlizatoin to. I also have my sites on the ecllisps 6x10 DDcoil,But cant deside, I also want to stay in the $100.00 price range. (I relic hunt).
Help? :dontknow:

Have you tried the 12" coil? The 10 x 14 looks really interesting..so I'm thinking about that too.. it almost went on my Christmas list... but with the depth of the 12".. not sure if it is worth the cash. I also have a 4 x 10.. love it for trashy area.. I sold my bigger DD could never get it to ground balance with a pre amp gain over 2.. I used the 12" in a NY camp that spread from fields into the woods... the fields are about hunted out.. but when I started really hunting the woods.. diggign everything... I was getting .69s at 16".. I was all but call a liar when I posted that before.. butI've been digging for almost 20 years... and I swear with the 12".. I was picking up the slightest little beep.. I'd start digging and get better and better signals.. I would not say that is the norm.. the ground was perfect.. very little trash and I knew there was stuff there so I was digging everything.. like I said.. i sold the bigger DD.. and now hunt with the stock, the the smaller DD and the 12".. that seems to cover everythgin I need with the DFX. If you end up getting it... let me know what you think...

MB

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MonkeyBoy said:
coingairl300 said:
HI
I would like to no if any one has used the Excelerator 10x14 DD from kellyco. I am looking for a coil for my MXt that will go deep,and handle ground minerlizatoin to. I also have my sites on the ecllisps 6x10 DDcoil,But cant deside, I also want to stay in the $100.00 price range. (I relic hunt).

Have you tried the 12" coil? The 10 x 14 looks really interesting..so I'm thinking about that too.. it almost went on my Christmas list... but with the depth of the 12".. not sure if it is worth the cash. I also have a 4 x 10.. love it for trashy area.. I sold my bigger DD could never get it to ground balance with a pre amp gain over 2.. I used the 12" in a NY camp that spread from fields into the woods... the fields are about hunted out.. but when I started really hunting the woods.. diggign everything... I was getting .69s at 16".. I was all but call a liar when I posted that before.. butI've been digging for almost 20 years... and I swear with the 12".. I was picking up the slightest little beep.. I'd start digging and get better and better signals.. I would not say that is the norm.. the ground was perfect.. very little trash and I knew there was stuff there so I was digging everything.. like I said.. i sold the bigger DD.. and now hunt with the stock, the the smaller DD and the 12".. that seems to cover everythgin I need with the DFX. If you end up getting it... let me know what you think...

MB

HI I was talking to a locale dealer,and he told me that i would be beter off with the 14" deep scan from white for my MXT. I have read the reports about that coil,and it sounds good. Do you no if any place on line that is seling one for a good price? I dont' want to pay alote for one. Lets say,around $150.00 to $170.00.

Priscilla

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coingairl300 said:
HI

Hi!

I just received my Excelerator 18x15 inch DD coil for my White's DFX300.

It is very light, and the size is quite usable in the field. I was concerned it would be huge, but it isn't.

If I am cache hunting, I want the largest possible coil for my DFX300.

I managed to get a good deal on this coil by talking to Tony at Kellyco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread