bounty hunter acting up or is it me

lampare

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2005
West Warwick Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I have a quick draw II it is about 2 months old I use it for coinshooting in sand beaches I'm new to mding still playing around with the settings to get to know how it sounds in all conditions.saltwater beaches not in water just on wet and dry sand.Well today I was in notch mode sensitivity all the way,disc about 2:00 clock as i was swinging it I scuffed the sand a few times and it sounded so I checked the coil to see if any foil was stuck to it, it was clean as I rubbed the coil clean with my bare hand I sounded again.I had my wife do the same it did the same thing again is it me or just settings. sorry for the long post. remember I'm brand new at this. thank ??? ???s

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with the settings on that machine but anything that will interfere with the signal of the coil will cause a sound. Mine will sound off if I accidentally bump a solid object or hit the ground too hard but the signal is not repeatable. Also static electricity in your hands could have caused it. The higher the sensitivity setting the easier it is to do. JIM

B

Bugar

:)Back your sens. way back, to bout 1/3 what you have, should clear right up, good as you can get, ::)

J

just us87

It might be the way you swing it. If you are just slightly turning the coil upwards during your swing, you might get a false signal also.

Axel

Sep 3, 2006
Australia , NSW
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
I have this same problem with my radioshack , the needle slowly creeps up until it sounds..
i adjusted everything , even turned the setting on all ground balance and sensitivity all the way down...auto tune will not work anymore and i've replaced the batteries twice. ???
I opened up the unit to see if a wire had come loose , but no such luck... was working fine oneday , next day..it was gooooone

so now i'm waiting on my BH IV ,
and i have to suffer until it turns up ::)

cheers ,
AJ ;D

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I don't think the quick draw II was made to hunt on salt water beaches .It give a false signal because of the high mineral content and the salt water is highly conductive.It has no ground balancing knob either. You should get one that had handle wet salt beaches .

"CAN I USE MY METAL DETCTOR ON THE BEACH AS WELL AS INLAND? Using your detector on dry sand is exactly the same as using it on an inland site. However, wet sand is different, being known as conductive. Some makes of powerful motion metal detectors are rendered useless on wet sand, because they give false signals or indications of metal, when there is nothing there."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread