minelab customer service? UPDATE

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
has anyone ever dealt with minelab to resolve a problem? how did they do? i ask because i contacted them about getting a catalog sent(along with every other manufacturer) and after 4 weeks they still had not sent it. i contacted them again and specifically asked for info on the explorer II. this time they sent some info on all of their other detectors except for the explorer II! needless to say i am getting frustrated. if this is how organized they are before the sale,what can i expect after the sale!?from what i can gather the explorer can out perform the whites machines, but at least whites seems to be interested in my business! is this a rare occurrence or is this the way they do things? >:( ???

F

Floater

Re: minelab customer service?

Hey Hollowpointred, I did send mine back once. They are pretty busy bunch and I dont know how good they are at CS. My repair was fine but communications there suck. That said, Go for the Fisher CZ20 ;D

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

My experience with them wasn't all that great either. I had to send them my detector to be fixed and after a couple of weeks (we were about to go on vacation) and a couple of phone calls from me, I never could get an answer on when my MD would be ready. It finally took a call from my husband (which really makes me mad) and the MD was fixed and on it's way back the next day. Was really worried too because they gave me no work order number or anything to let me know they even had the MD. Needless to say I was less then impressed with their customer service. I love the machine though!

vicki

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004

Minelab customer service

Social Security

Military Intelligence

There are many other examples out there. ;D

F

Floater

Rudy(CA) said:
Minelab customer service

Social Security

Military Intelligence

There are many other examples out there.? ?;D

:D :D Very funny Rudy. On the Inteligence side I believe that is just the Spin Machine responsible for that. Those boys do a good job for the most part. The facts just got confused with the wishfull thinking.

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

thanks guys for the honest opinions. i think ill take my business elsewhere.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other

As for coustomer service, the best in the bussiness is Tesoro. Whites would come in second. Garrett is pretty close to Whites. As for repair. I would have to go with Tesoro again in first, but Minelab runs a close second. ?Getting info from Minelab is so difficult because the dealer is to provide knowledgable assistance and sales support for Minelab. Whites and Tesoro have their own CS dept. dedicated to the sale more than anything else. As for a really good detector, I wouldn't care how much trouble it is , I WANT MINELAB!! Just my humble opinion. Good luck and HH! Chris

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
well i just wanted to post an update to this thread because minelab finnally did come through with the info i requested. it just took a while. maybe they were waiting on a shipment of catalogs or something. it would have been nice if they had told me that though,but never the less,my faith in minelab is at least partially restored! the explorer 2 really does look like a killer machine!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread