Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas45 said:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Connector for my main straight shaft ? I think I'm missing something as it won't lock. Thanks, marchas

Contacted Minelab and they are sending a couple to me tomorrow, no charge. What service, Yea! :thumbsup:

pistolpete

Jan 23, 2006
Fort Erie,Ontario,Canada
Detector(s) used
1280,excal,pi pro,sea hunter 2,x terra 70
You are missing the small friction button. Make sure when you install the new one that the tit (for lack of a better word) on the button faces towards the armcuff/handle. So, install the ring, then the button, then the camlock body. Rough up the mating surfaces of the ring and body slightly, and glue together using super glue. Be careful not to get any glue down inside the camlock body or you'll glue the whole works together. Better to apply the glue to the ring, hold the shaft vertical, and bring the camlock body down on top of the ring. Hold the 2 parts together as tightly as possible for a couple of minutes. The plastic that these are made from takes a bit of time to bond together. Good luck...

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pistolpete said:
You are missing the small friction button. Make sure when you install the new one that the tit (for lack of a better word) on the button faces towards the armcuff/handle. So, install the ring, then the button, then the camlock body. Rough up the mating surfaces of the ring and body slightly, and glue together using super glue. Be careful not to get any glue down inside the camlock body or you'll glue the whole works together. Better to apply the glue to the ring, hold the shaft vertical, and bring the camlock body down on top of the ring. Hold the 2 parts together as tightly as possible for a couple of minutes. The plastic that these are made from takes a bit of time to bond together. Good luck...

Thanks PistolPete for that information, Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread