VISIT THIS SITE TO LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT COILS & WHY YOURS SUCKS.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VISIT THIS SITE TO LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT COILS & WHY YOURS SUCKS.

I keep seeing the same posts here about different coils and the differences between the things. Visit this site to see how they work in the ground and why you miss targets when your buddy behind you with a cheap detector finds the goods.

http://www.goldminingcentre.com.au/Technical%20Data/techsheet-coils.pdf#search='double%20d%20coil%20field'

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: VISIT THIS SITE TO LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT COILS & WHY YOURS SUCKS.

To much 'generally speaking' on the Garrett site. Also there's not to much that is in fact totally correct.
'Small coil not as deep'. This depends on the ability of your machine to handle bad ground. In many cases of high mineralisation,or high rubbish, small will go deeper.
Coil detection patterns. Many years ago widecan was wide and contentric did give a cone pattern. Now there are concentrics that have a field that bulges out beyond the width of the coil and have a squashed ballon shape giving more underground coverage than the double D.
Mono coil P.I. only ? Their also used on Variable Frequency Accoustic machines.
Two box machines are suggested as the only thing to get depth. Lorenze, Pulsestar etc kill two box machines for depth.
Large coils lose sensitivity to small items. Some do and many modern designs(that always seem to be third party) have been designed not to.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Re: VISIT THIS SITE TO LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT COILS & WHY YOURS SUCKS.

::)
Love the title!
After roving around the link for a while, I still can't find what they consider a "good" coil for my applications.
But I do like the hubris!

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread