I Need ideas for building a Straight shaft for the Excalibur 2

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many posts on this subject with pictures on how to assemble one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pockets and Sandman are correct, search and you will find it.....

No one is giving you a hard time, but there is no need to post it again when it is already posted under many different threads...

Good luck making your own, it isn't hard to do....

copierkat

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where? I have searched and searched for info on building a straight shaft for the Excal II. Cannot find ANY info...Help please. Anyone?

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
6061t6 7/8 OD .745 ID 4 feet U get the tube at Aircraftspruce.com get @ $3.20 per foot #03 36450.Your lower shaft will measure .744 which makes for a very nice fit requiring no lock nuts. Go to a bike shop and get the long bar ends with the bend $19.95 a pair and pick up a package of foam grip covers (4) for $9.95. Use your arm cuff off your old S rod and the pods for templates to drill the 1/4 holes. Use 1 3/4 x 1/2 SS bolts if U can find them otherwise get 2 inch and grind them down. Use SS wing nuts on the pods and a SS/nylon lock nut on the cuff. I usually remove about 6 inches from the 4 ft length so I can put much more lower up in the tube for more strength
If U don't use the tubing from Aircraft spruce all bets are off
HH
erikk

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
erikk said:
6061t6 7/8 OD .745 ID 4 feet U get the tube at Aircraftspruce.com get @ $3.20 per foot #03 36450.Your lower shaft will measure .744 which makes for a very nice fit requiring no lock nuts. Go to a bike shop and get the long bar ends with the bend $19.95 a pair and pick up a package of foam grip covers (4) for $9.95. Use your arm cuff off your old S rod and the pods for templates to drill the 1/4 holes. Use 1 3/4 x 1/2 SS bolts if U can find them otherwise get 2 inch and grind them down. Use SS wing nuts on the pods and a SS/nylon lock nut on the cuff. I usually remove about 6 inches from the 4 ft length so I can put much more lower up in the tube for more strength
HH
erikk
You don't have to get the tubing from Aircraft spruce, 6061t6 alum. is the same no matter where you get it. Google 6o61t6, there are lot of scources for it.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a straight shaft for a minelab, handle slides the length of the upper shaft, arm band is two piece with two wing nuts & bolts to adjust on the shaft. Works good without a lot of hassle. Put one on a soverign two pop rivets & an hour! Balance is great with the box under the elbow, even with the bigger coils.

PM me if you need a source. I'm not sure I can put up the dealer since he's not an advertiser on TNet.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
AUDuke said:
erikk said:
HH
erikk
You don't have to get the tubing from Aircraft spruce, 6061t6 alum. is the same no matter where you get it. Google 6o61t6, there are lot of scources for it.
This is true but it is the ID that is IMPORTANT & they have a giant selection especially if you build for several different brands

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Any ALRO metal store will have what you need, and cut what you need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread