Teknetics/Fisher/Bounty Hunter Coil Compatibilty

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
Does anyone know whether the BH coils, specifically the 8" & 10", that work on the newer Fishers will also work on the new Teknetics detectors? I got this answer from their tech support today which I know is wrong because BH coils do work on the Fishers!

"Sorry Felix, they are not compatible. fisher coils only work in fisher detectors, teknetics only with teknetics coils. and bounty hunter with bounty hunter coils"

Thanks!

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Basically he told you right, Felix.
The detectors have to be running the same frequency and have the same plug style to work.
The plug style can be overcome IF the units use the same frequency.
I have a "habit" of modifying detectors and this is a real quick run down on what I've found:

Fisher Detectors

Model Frequency Coil Connector Type

F-2 5.9 Hz First type: plug in --- Revision type 2 screw on
F-4 6.8 Hz " "
F-5 7.8 Hz " "
F-70 13 Hz Screw On Connector
F-75 13 Hz " "

Bounty Hunter

Fast Tracker 6.6 Hz Plug In
Tracker II 6.7 Hz Not Removeable
Tracker IV Not Listed Plug In
Quick Silver 7 Hz Plug In
Lone Star Not Listed Plug In
Quick Draw II Not Listed Plug In
Discovery 1100 through 3300 6.7 Hz Plug In

Tecknetics

Delta, Gamma, Omega 7.8 Hz Screw On
T-2 Not Listed Screw On

Hope this helps!
Regards, Sky Pilot

OP
OP
FelixtheCat

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
Sky thanks for the reply. I guess all I remember was that when the F2's came out the talk was that you could use the BH's coils on them. Now that they changed the plug type I see its not possible. Those weasels they probably didn't want you buying cheaper BH coils and putting them on the Fishers!

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
You guys just educated me. I have an F2, F4, and BH Land Star that all the coils will interchange on. That's the 4", 8", 10", and 11"DD. After reading this post I was scratching my head. A quick trip to Kellyco's website showed pics of a new screw on connector. I think they skunked us this time! ???

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello SlowNSteady,

They have skunked us indeed.
I suppose that the factory heard about folks swapping coils on units and decided to put the "screws" to the multi unit coil ability.
Of course a big reason that the interchanging coils were even made, is so the "factory" can reduce the size of inventory (and by result, overhead costs) by "part standardization".
While the coils are no longer interchangeable "out of the box", the factory has only to keep two connectors in stock, while the average consumer
with two units (one of each "brand") running the same frequency, must keep two exact (except the connectors, of course!) coils available!

What a rip off!

Regards, Sky Pilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread