diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,me too on everything you've said.I also remember someone saying that.Maybe i'll look back and see who it was and ask him to post his answer here.

OP
OP
P

PostFatal

LOL, I was beginning to think that no-one looks here. I hope we can get an answer to this.

OP
OP
P

PostFatal

I would have already done that but up until last night I hadn't found an email address for them. I now have the email, phone, and address for them.
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to here from someone that did it and see how it worked out for them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when you Switch Back to the Other Coil, you send it in again & ask them to Re-Calibrate it Back ?

Could get Expensive.

And Definately Don't send them a Coil made by someone else. Especially if your Warranty is good.

Either way they would Probably refuse.

OP
OP
P

PostFatal

The post that I read where it was suggested, the guy said to send in all of your coils and the unit and they set them all up to perform better together. so I would think once that is done you could switch back and forth between coils without any problems.

B

BIG BAD JOHN

I bought the Discovery 3300 right after it came out. I also purchased the 4" 'Gold Nugget' (sniper) coil and the 10" 'Magnum' coil. I was instructed by Maggie Lazo of First Texas (parent company to Bounty Hunter) to send in the unit with all three coils, then the coils and control box would be 'calibrated' by BH. When talking to the technician working on my machine, I found out that 'calibration' is matching the resistance value
(not sure which pin-to-pin locations are checked to determine values) of all 3 coils to each other and the machine. In short, they swap out 4" and 10" coils until they find one of each that matches the values measured on the 8" coil supplied with the detector. The service is free. All you have to pay for is the shipping to the factory and BH pays the shipping back to you. It's treated like warranty work.

The benefit to this is that the unit will ID correctly (TID, VDI, depth, etc.) with all three coils. For example, the 10" coil that I purchased when I bought the detector was almost unusable with the 3300. What I got back was a detector that was checked over by the technician and returned with 3 perfectly matched coils that perform equally well on the unit. The unit is very stable, all information on the display is very accurate down to 8" or 10" depending upon soil conditions, and is a joy to use. I have a lot of confidence in my 3300.

I also had the upper stem upgraded for $20 to the same one as found on the Land Ranger or Time Ranger with the locking collar. The locking collar keeps the lower stem from wiggling around inside the upper stem. This wiggling can cause the coil to be jolted around at the end of the swing, causing a false tone, something akin to bumping the edge of the coil on a hard surface which will also cause the unit to false. While I've always had a hankering for a fully kitted out Time Ranger, the 3300 has been good enough to put off an upgrade. Hope this helps. BBJ

OP
OP
P

PostFatal

thanks alot for your reply, it makes sense to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread