Can anyone help with a Coil Wiring Diagram?

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
I am trying to build a 2 box unit (I know I may be crazy, but it's my first electronic project).....I think I understand everything else, but the coil is really getting me confused. The coils are mounted on a square, flat piece of wood. Around the edge of the wood is supposed to be a strip of aluminum.

Now, I see that it says "jumble wound". Does that mean that the coil wires are turned around the strip? I see, on every diagram, there is a "small" coil pictured to the left, and a bigger coil on the right, with a broken line in between. Does this mean that the smaller pictured coil goes "under" the strip? Also, why are there 3 coils pictured? This coil (which is probably the easiest part) is really confusing me....

The link for the project is here:

http://geotech.thunting.com/cgi-bin...ge=metdet&file=/projects/deepseeker/index.dat

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 425

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The dotted lines between the windings is a magnetic field. They are not connected together. Other than that I don't know. Good luck.

M

mws53

What you see is the pictorial representation of a transformer. Try looking on the internet for info on how to wind transformers. The way a transformer works is you have a primary winding and a secondary winding. Applying a voltage to the primary winding causes a voltage to be developed in the seconday winding. This secondary voltage could be larger, smaller or the same as the primary voltage depending on how the transformer is constructed. Usually a relationshiop to number of turns of wire in the primary coil to the number of turns in the secondary coil. Where you see multiple points of attachment in the secondary winding, usually pictured on the right side of the drawing, this indicates that you can have multiple various voltages available to use on the secondary winding. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Mojave

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
Thank you very much for the help! That explains alot! I am trying to locate the parts to try and wind one of these....No luck so far....I have pretty much ended up at Phillips mfg door.....No-one knows about these old part #'s anymore.......And, to make it even harder, there are errors listed, such as teh part that says 160 mH.......I am finding out that this would almost be impossible, unless your talking about an industrial sized inductor.......He must have meant nH......Anyway, thanks again!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread