Minelab pro swing 45 help needed

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a pro swing 45 and am having trouble with the black bar coming apart. I am sure it is just not adjusted properly. I figured it best to ask those of you who use it. I followed the directions but think i have it adjusted to tight. Do you leave it loose on you or keep it snug!

I had talked to someone at Minelab in tech support and they have not used one so couldnt help me.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could help you but I don't have one yet. I'm going to have to have one for the 17" monster coil. After 30 min my arm was shot.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine because bothy my rotator cuffs are destroyed and i have five bad disks in my back. With this thing if it works properly i have spend a few hours swinging with little to no pain.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem solves. I didnt have it adjusted properly.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to take mine out of the box this week and try it out. Looking forward to swinging the 17" monster coil

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking of grabbing one of those myself. I have a lot of big coils, but would like to be able to swing them for more than an hour. I've tried the swing-thing, etc., but this thing looks like the real deal. I'm curious as to whether you can attach more things to the "belt" so you're not using two things around your waist (pro swing and hunt tools, etc.)...?

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can attach stuff to the belt. I had my pinpointer and digger attached until my leschee sheeth let go. I ordered a combo sheeth for the two called the bomb which i should have this week. Anything you attach to the belt should be attached to the side opposite your detector. There is room to attach other things as weel. Also spots to attach things such as your cell phone on the shoulder straps of the harness. I dont attach a finds bag, instead i use an army surplus messenger bag with a long strap over my shoulder like a woman's purse.

It is easy to adjust, just not easy to get it adjusted correctly. If you have someone else read the directions and help you adjust it, that may help.

Gerry

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that i have it adjusted properly it works the way it is suppose to. I dont have to worry about any weight being on my shoulder unless I am sideways on uphill ground.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about one, but with our weather, one day in a T-shirt........next day in a hoodie............two days later a hoodie, and Carhart bibs, just seemed like never ending adjustments, with all the different clothing needs. Did come up with a simple over the shoulder set up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread