pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I just bought a lightly used, CORS "FORTUNE" coil to try out on a 5 pin type Tesoro. This coil looks pretty much the same as a NEL "SHARPSHOOTER".
Are any Tesoro folks using the Fortune/Sharpshooter? Thought I'd try that versus a Tesoro DD, which in 5 pin, are either smaller (7" round) or larger (11x8").

I'm wondering what experiences folks (all detectorists) have had with CORS/NEL, what kind of quality they are, how well they work, and how the two brands differ. What say ye?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought 2 CORS could and the quality of the molded plastic as well as the cabling, connectors and coil bolt that comes with it is better than any coil I have ever seen before. I have a Fortune on my ATP and love it. That is the perfect size for about any hunting conditions.

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a NEL Sharpshooter for my F75 and find its qualities quite high and that it performs very well for me. Not a very noticeable hit on depth either. I'd buy it again and may try a larger coil someday if moved to do so.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using my Sharpshooter (also on an F-75) for a year. Great coil and no complaints.

Never tried a CORS.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Sharpshooter almost never comes off my AT Pro. I think it is the best all round coinshooter size.

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Sharpshooter after reading some reviews for my Patriot. It really quieted down the chirping. After going back to the stock coil, I couldn't stand listening to all the chirping, so I bought a Hunter coil also. Both coils are great and much quieter than the factory coil on the Patriot. Both are deep for their size. The Sharpshooter pinpoints like a laser and I am just getting to know the Hunter. I have only used it about three times. I noticed that the targets are sometimes in the sidewall of my hole. I would definitely recommend the Sharpshooter first as i use it 80% of the time. I plan on trying the Hunter in some fields as soon as the farmers cut the beans and corn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread