Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only had one detector that came with a bag, and recently sold it. My water detector came with a hard case which I use to store the detector once I stop water detecting. I drive a van and made a false floor so all my gear can be brought along and still be out of site. I do not use a bag for my other 3 machines. It's just another thing that would need to be cleaned.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use and like the Minelab bag I got with my E-TRAC. Just wish it was about 3" longer. Not always easy to get the detector into the bag...

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's much better than spending the money on an actual detector bag. That's what I was looking for. Time to go to the surplus store tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know any detectorist's that have been at this for 10-years or more, that actually use a carry bag. It is another superfluous item that gets dirty and wet, and takes more time to use than it's worth. A good backpack is another story. I've customized several over the years to hike into gold-bearing areas of mountain ranges, deserts and jungles. A good Hardcase is useful for travel by plane, bus, boat or train, to protect the machine, but a carry case is just a waste of money - in my Never Humble opinion. :skullflag:

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at some used LaCrosse equipment bags.

Many are long enough for spare rods with coils, are waterproof, and have a few compartments. The one I use is also a backpack. Mine also has small, elastic and Velcro straps perfect for the detector.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using the digital camo duffel bag that came with the AT Pro....but I find it to be kinda impractical....the 4 small pockets don't really hold anything, and the giant side pocket is way to big to hold anything securely....
So, my Mom in law hooked me up with a cyber gift card for my bday.....thanks Mom! So this what I got....
IMG_0773.JPG

It's a White's brand "Signature Series Rolltop Backpack"
It will carry a detector, lightly disassembled of course, tons of pockets, I'll be able to keep all my gear together. Great for hiking deep into the woods, not that I ever will.:laughing7: The idea is that it will take up less space in the car for the occasional road trip.

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know any detectorist's that have been at this for 10-years or more, that actually use a carry bag. It is another superfluous item that gets dirty and wet, and takes more time to use than it's worth. A good backpack is another story. I've customized several over the years to hike into gold-bearing areas of mountain ranges, deserts and jungles. A good Hardcase is useful for travel by plane, bus, boat or train, to protect the machine, but a carry case is just a waste of money - in my Never Humble opinion. :skullflag:

I am not looking for something to use all the time. I am just wanting something to carry them in when I am in my sxs so they don't get destroyed. There are several old homesites that we go to that are only accessible by sxs or atv and are really rough getting to.

mark.orwig

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all depends on if you want to assemble your detector before each use. if you dont mind doing that, then get a good backpack. if not, then get any ole carry bag.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I gave my bags (Garrett, Whites and Minelab) away, do not see any use for them. I do have a nice Minelab backpack that was traded for one of the bags.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a GARRETT camo bag works, but design is stupid as zipper is on bottom of bag.
so items can fall out if not totally closed

good for in truck, that's about it

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the long camo back pack for my F75, but it just holds supplies. My Etrac came with a nice heavy duty padded bag. But as mentioned before is too short and the coil sticks out the end. I use dust rain covers instead. I will wrap the etrac with some vet tape and screen protector and be done with it.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not looking for something to use all the time. I am just wanting something to carry them in when I am in my sxs so they don't get destroyed. There are several old homesites that we go to that are only accessible by sxs or atv and are really rough getting to.

I use some 28" plastic tool boxes. Sealed, waterproof, double latches. I can get a detector and three coils with shafts attached wrapped in bubble wrap. And room for extra batteries and pinpointer. Ran about $30 at Lowes or HD. Many different names, all the same toolbox.

28b4bdbdaafa05a43662e2c7022cc17a.jpg

Attachments

• 15407_prev.jpg
    15407_prev.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 62d4e813-2657-42d1-976f-2dc17b49e281_400.jpg
    62d4e813-2657-42d1-976f-2dc17b49e281_400.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use some 28" plastic tool boxes. Sealed, waterproof, double latches. I can get a detector and three coils with shafts attached wrapped in bubble wrap. And room for extra batteries and pinpointer. Ran about $30 at Lowes or HD. Many different names, all the same toolbox.

View attachment 1416283

That's a nice idea also. I keep mine in the rucksack so it does not get damaged while riding in my Side by side.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why is a bag needed? do you walk a long way?
I carry mine in my truck, then in my hand

OP
OP
T

thekevin

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just afraid of them rolling around it the bed of my sxs and tree limbs grabbing ahold of them because normally I'm not on a road or trail going to the old homesites I have been digging at.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a larger Osprey Farpoint and like it very much!

i) it is a frontloader: Open hatch, throw detector in, throw shoulderbag with spade, trowel and ppinpointer and everything else, close hatch and go->everthing accessible all the time
ii) it is not heavy but quite sturdy
iii) if cleaned, makes a great travel back (shoulder straps can be folded away).
iv) XP dues does not need to be disassembeld, just folded together

It´s more expensive (about 120 USD equivalent hereabout), but wouldnt like to miss it

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 28 inch toolbox for the time I am traveling and need to pack up the truck and not worry about the detector getting mashed in all the camping gear. If I am on a day outing I just put in the truck. No bag or box needed.
IMG_1013.JPG IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1015.JPG

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
f70 case.jpg

Friend of mine has many rc helicopters and had a case for one of them that he has sold. I grabbed it up and custom fit it with foam for road travel. Local runs I just keep the machine on the back seat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread