jpg963

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2012
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Excal w/WOT, Explorer Xs, Modified Waterproof Explorer Xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reaching out to the forum, especially those who have built their own coils for the sovereign/excal detectors. I am interested in building/modifying a few coils for my blue excal in an attempt to customize them for my particular area and gain the best depth and stability. With my research so far I believe I am able to build the coils for the environment and maintain stability thanks to many of you on various forums, however I am interested in the coil pre-amps and the possibility to increase their output which I have not been able to find much info on.

The info I am looking for:
- The newest known schematic from a newer Excal or equivalent Coil Amp Circuit as the one I have found seems to be from the original run of BBS coils.
1251449551.jpg
- Reviewing that circuit do you think it is feasible to increase RX output to control box by swapping components or putting an adjustable micro pot

- On a side note, I know there was a product called the Sovereign S-Amp that supposedly boosted the TX power being put to the coil and am interested in the circuitry for these also as I understand they are no longer made.
s-amp.jpg

Hopefully with a modifying the coils or working with/building an S-Amp type device, I will be able to run the machine as hot as the ground allows gaining the most depth possible.

Thank You in advance for any insight you can share as I know some have attempted similar projects in the past with mixed results....

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get anywhere on this? Can you post a higher resolution schematic?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab coils have a micro circuit board inside the coil, without it I highly doubt it will work.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
After Burner for the Excalibur...

The Audiosears speaker picks up the transmit field thru the copper wire in the voice coil giving audio of the fields strength that is not seen but can now be heard.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did it work out?
Where did you find that audiosears element - is it from an old phone? Brilliant application.

LilasCook

Feb 8, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...the outrageous is air-coils without ferrite. They don't immerse or have center misfortunes. They will in general be fairly huge and the attractive field may couple to different segments or conductive surfaces with the end goal that commotion or misfortunes are presented. Anyway, a class D intensifier is clamor savvy a wreck with high plentifulness square-wave signs and high slew-rates. It is the yield channel that in the end brings back a valuable sign for the speakers.

Indeed, even air-coils have allies among audiophiles.

By and by, I inclines toward gags with ferrite centers on the grounds that the attractive fields are preferably limited and the windings required are significantly less over for air-loops. Yet, I need to live with center misfortunes and consistently consider in the plan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread