All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real answers are just a phone call away! 1-928-771-2646 :skullflag:

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a record for drift. This way its in print, my phone retention of techtalk is low.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Silver Sabre series has had a very long history with Tesoro Electronics. It was first introduced in 1983. In a time when "lunch box" detectors were the norm, the original Silver Sabre was perceived as a toy unit. There have been many men who bought one for the wife and wound up using it because it worked as well as any other detector on the market. Advertised as "strong, simple, silent", the Silver Sabre has gone through many changes over the years. The Silver Sabre Plus added a no motion all metal circuit. The Silver Sabre II added a new plastic housing and new Hybrid Circuit technology. Several years ago we introduced the Silver Sabre µMax with an incredibly small housing and Max Boost technology.

Tesoro coils are divided into two series, the Delta and Epsilon. The Delta coils have 4-pin connectors; they are, also called H.O.T. (High Output Technology) coils. The Epsilon coils have 5-pin connectors and are designed for µmax coils.

It ain't that hard Brother! :occasion14:

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alrighty then i would ask the difference tween H.O.T. & µmax systems. I know a tack hammer from a rock hammer but what's the principle characteristic's that separate them beside pin count and nomenclature???. Compadre & last model Eldorado, same size box but not µmax. Same thing, how is a µmax different internally. Sorry, it's like asking coke whats in the bottle

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Déjà vu all over again:laughing7:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nagant..

The character "μ" stands for "micro", as in tiny. Thus "μMAX" means "microMAX", which is what Tesoro called their new smaller control box housings when they were introduced.

H.O.T. was (I think), "high output technology", and I've read that supposedly, Tesoro made their transmit electronics more powerful than what the previous models used.. The H.O.T. series were also of a higher frequency than the non-H.O.T. models, so they used different coil connectors, making them fit the H.O.T. detectors only.

Again, call Tesoro if you want the real answers.. The above is merely what I've read and repeated.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinenut is right, the uMax units were in the smallest housings. It's also when Tesoro switched over to surface mount PCBs. When the Cortez was developed, it wouldn't fit in the uMax box so they made a slightly bigger box, and have used it for several other models.

H.O.T. is a higher power transmitter. I've never looked at the circuitry but most likely they boosted the supply.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alrighty then i would ask the difference tween H.O.T. & µmax systems. I know a tack hammer from a rock hammer but what's the principle characteristic's that separate them beside pin count and nomenclature???. Compadre & last model Eldorado, same size box but not µmax. Same thing, how is a µmax different internally. Sorry, it's like asking coke whats in the bottle

I pointed this out on my thread as you were asking about as well...great minds think alike.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think this thread is done explaining everything yet..need to understand a number of things how many circuitry changes has Tesoro gone through as there were many and the differences between older and current models.

Take a look at the Silver uMAX site.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Microprocessor Technology -->>Which one?
MicroMAX Design -->>is this just the housing design from the old lunch box then, if so I am good.
Low Noise Circuitry --> sure ok from the Compadre Battery test? as that is Battery Test not audio modulation.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinenut is right, the uMax units were in the smallest housings. It's also when Tesoro switched over to surface mount PCBs. When the Cortez was developed, it wouldn't fit in the uMax box so they made a slightly bigger box, and have used it for several other models.

H.O.T. is a higher power transmitter. I've never looked at the circuitry but most likely they boosted the supply.

Even though Super Tune is available in Cibola and Vaquero only offerings how does the H.O.T 4-pin delta seires I am wondering the same thing how does this translate in the circuit board of the just the two and not the LST and Tejon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread