Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzer what a rough ride! Was in conversation with Garrett as to replacement headphones for my AT Pro International. Well sir they (Beverly at Garrett) stated that Garrett had never produced a one pin plug for the Pro....um!
3151ppu.jpg

That is where this bouy whether it being dumb as a cod or that I speak Nova Scotian was lost in translation.
35m08qp.jpg

So after a tad I emailed her the above photos. Beverly responded almost immediately....no dust gathering there. Apparently one pin out (thanks to Canadian Treasure Seekers who were prompt and nonjudgemental in this pickle) and one female plug in the connection constitutes a two pin plug.....Lord love a duck! So the two pins on your coil connector is really a 4 pin. Needless to say my Hunny Bunny before all this started informed me that it was a two pin connector. Women....never wrong and won't go detecting.

As for the hat issue
2rr1kxj.jpg

Garrett sent me a photo of three hats and the price. So much for over 45 years customer loyalty. Not too mention I own 7 of their machines.

Hope this post clarifies the issue for us Garrett swingers .

Today was a new day so now I march to my own brand...well at least 30 bottles of it!
16axzeh.jpg

f9goau.jpg

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most EEs would call that a 2-pin connector, whether it is or not.
Sorry you didn't get your hat, maybe a good hat repair shop can work with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread