"Pirate kit " russian

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Has any one ever seen this russian metal detector kit "Pirate " i lost my sand shark to the police and may be i could make 2 cheap detectors out of 2 of these kits one for underwater with a light and a 8" coil and the other with a 16"X16" coil for the wet beach any thoughts about if its better then nothing right now i can't afford another sand shark ...Am using a pi-king 750 now .... this pirate detector has to better ????

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did you lose your detector to the police? Depending on the reasoning, you may be able to get it back.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm :( Tuff Laws over There :(

You Lost your Detector to the Police & Still intend to Detect ?

Now that's Dedication :coffee2:

I Don't know anything Of the Kits.

Many years ago I Bought a Relco Kit
(Actually it was a Christmas Gift from my Parents (1960's)
I was about 9.
Not good at finding anything but Their Car :(

I Would think Things have improved since the 60's But Beware.
Especially if your Short of Cash.

Good Luck :coffee2:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Sellers are the Pirates for Charging $30.00 :(

000aaa.jpg

appears to me to Be something for a Class School Project that only works on A desk In Class

I Don't see any Wire to Rap the Coil Or Coil Or Stem Or Handle
or Control Box to put the stuff in.

Just Maybe control Box guts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-kit-metal-detector-Pirate-K157UD2-/223453943982

Coil or Dial Or ? :(
looks about 2" in Diameter

000coil.jpg

aah Must be the Speaker :tongue3:
or you lay it on a desk & Hold a coin near it
s-l300.jpg

Better off Going Chinese... Maybe :unhappysmiley:

000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
That pirate kit is a P.I. unit what jeff circled is the speaker i use a LED light instead you have to make your own coil and the rest of the detector ...PI king 750 is $150 with a range of 16" on a big target with its 4" coil ....my grand daughter already has a vlf $ 40 detector like a 1210 fisher clone no good in salt water or wet sand 6" coil range 12" on a big target wet sand ....And where i was at with the sand shark its either give up the machine or go to jail and give up your machine ...upland without a permit is illegal in the philippines ....beach only..... NO TREASURE HUNTING look at the local news people arrest all the time

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I Was still adding to My posts Above.

Sounds to me like your Technically Smart enough to Build detectors ?

I Wouldn't be able to even Solder the Du-Hickeys on the Board.
Or even give the Proper names of the Du-Hickeys

I Even spelled Du-Hickey Wrong at first :laughing7:

Good Luck My Friend :treasurechest::treasurechest::treasurechest: :icon_thumright: Stay Safe & Out of Jail :coffee2:

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff the kit i seen was sold in Russia assembled am way to blind to soldier the connections that for the younger members

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be sorry. Try Silverdog's surf PI 1.2 or Mark Stevard's eeTH if you don't mind building "ab initio".

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the warning GreenBoy i figured you know....I have to just save up for something not sure what ...those swing model detectors cops can see it a long way off ...that y those scam LRL sell and that stupid cane machine sell which is worthless ...I talk to the shop i use maybe they could build me one from one of those kits u mention ...thanks again

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I Was still adding to My posts Above.

Sounds to me like your Technically Smart enough to Build detectors ?

I Wouldn't be able to even Solder the Du-Hickeys on the Board.
Or even give the Proper names of the Du-Hickeys

I Even spelled Du-Hickey Wrong at first :laughing7:

Good Luck My Friend :treasurechest::treasurechest::treasurechest: :icon_thumright: Stay Safe & Out of Jail :coffee2:
After he sais where he was, it all made sense.

Hey Jeff now you got me confused. Are the do hickeys to the left or right of the thing a mabobers?

That kit reminds me of the guy in Australia selling bugs & telephone recorders. We couldn't figure out how he was getting away with it. Turned out according to the wiretap laws it was ok to sell you a bag of parts. You were legal until you assembled or used it.

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
boogeyman wasn't it once legal to sell machine gun conversion kits and gun kits in the usa ....If i remember right you could own it but if you converted a gun or assembled a gun it then you broke the law ....Well if your hunting illegally you need something that either cheap or not that noticeable ....I got a site that not far from a church and the police station i have problems seeing in the day time my night digging days are over with i guess i give up and pass the site to my grand daughter

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that well versed on the gun stuff but as several friends have said "there's always a loophole". There used to be a company that made a clip on device that worked good on 10/22s . It attached to the trigger & a flip down spring bounced the trigger. No mods to the weapon so it fell into a bunch of loop holes. Like I said, It worked well, until you lost it.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After he sais where he was, it all made sense.

Hey Jeff now you got me confused. Are the do hickeys to the left or right of the thing a mabobers?

That kit reminds me of the guy in Australia selling bugs & telephone recorders. We couldn't figure out how he was getting away with it. Turned out according to the wiretap laws it was ok to sell you a bag of parts. You were legal until you assembled or used it.

There's a lot of countries, including mine, where assembling or buying such bug is completley legal. Owning and using a FM transmitter (microphone) emitting less than 10mW RF is legal throught entire EU. As long as it is not used for bugging or spying - that' illegel almost everivere.

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Greenboy you ever see a vandal pulse 2 (bulgaria) are they any good or a ukraine clone pi avr detector ...they are in my price range ...that or i wait for my friend to return he said he give me a old model large coil one for free i forget the model its about 15 years old ... only problem with that is who knows if will both live that long for it to happen ...big game hunting cost to much these days and am on a tight budget and cheap

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used any of vandal series detectors, it seeems a bit digitalized flavour of PI, so i really can't say. Sinko (Crazy-tech) is a good celar producer, though. So the question in place is what you really need, if you'd like a deep PI, i would rather opt for classic xr71 from Sinko, if the simple PI for the beach is in your mind, a surf PI 1.2 or similar with small (i.e. 15 - 25cm) coil is the way to go, i would opt for 15 cm coil to avoid deep junk (over 0.5m deep). If you are looking for discrimination and more confort inland detector, a VLF is the right way.

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for all the info that surf p.i i would need someone to assemble it i can't see good enough to do it myself ....i need something to replace my sand shark this island is black sand heaven even upland ...since a few hunters died and this show on t.v and what DU30 said this area got hot with the police and i can't afford to lose another $600 detector ...I guess i might just wait things cool off and just make a 10" coil for my friends unit which has a one meter coil ....thanks Greenboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread