Garrett GTI 2500 Battery Indicator Issue

Nibiru

Aug 31, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

a friend of mine handed me his broken Garrett GTI 2500 for repair. The issue it has is that the battery indicator always shows a completely empty battery and therefore the speaker is making this constant buzzing sound. According to my research throughout the internet, it looks like there's a good amount of people with the same issue but the problem was never resolved. I started to disassemble it and first thing I did was to solder two cables directly to the board, (right after the connector where the battery connector cable is usually attached) and have it powered from a 12V power source. Still the same issue. Then I wanted to track down to which of the 4 boards the error comes from. So I removed the most upper board which is the one with the coil connector and powered it on again. To my surprise the display/ button units still worked, still same issue. So I removed the next board underneath, known as the DSP board. Power On - Display/Button unit still works, battery indicator still empty. Since I do not think that the issue is on the Display board, the issue is most likely to be found on the board on which the battery cable comes in. It's kinda hard without a schematic. Does anyone have suggestions ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread