Can you help me with my Garrett GTaX-1000

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any experts familiar with this detector...specifically how to find gold items with it ???? The gold tones I'm not familiar with and not sure where on the readout they are suppose to show up at.? Do they specifically show around the pull tabs or more in the middle of the section marked GOLD ???? ?I think I'm missing a lot of stuff and not sure how the GOLD tones are to sound.? My detector is pre programmed for discrimation ..so there is no way for me to lower or raise it.?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Garrett GTX-1000

Unfortunately we all are! (missing a lot of stuff). I have a GTI 2500 and the best advice I can give you is just memorize the manual and practice, practice, practice! JIM

J

JBEIA

Re: Garrett GTX-1000

My first detector was a GTA 1000, very similar to the GTX 1000. Gold reads anywhere from just below nickle on up to penny dime range depending on the size. Only found one gold ring and it fell just above the nickle range. Read your manual to figure out how to adjust your discrimination, you can set it to whatever you want.

JBEIA

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
I have the GTA 1000 and you can change the discrimination settings. Buy using the + and - buttons you can move the upper curser around and either rejet or accept that setting. the gold stuff is down there around the pulltab setting. try practicing on some gold iteams you have at home.

OP
OP
rockyredbaron

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mgdigger said:
I have the GTA 1000 and you can change the discrimination settings.? Buy using the + and - buttons you can move the upper curser around and either rejet or accept that setting.? the gold stuff is down there around the pulltab setting.? try practicing on some gold iteams you have at home.

Here's what I dont understand about taking out the notches on the discrimation - If you take away one of the notches...and if something good is under the coil, and it falls within that notch that you just notched out..your out of luck....so there really isnt a way to discriminate..you just have to DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG !!! and then DIG some more.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many on the forum hold the opinion of "dig everything"! If I am in a really trashy area and just coin shooting I notch out a lot of the trash and go after the coins. You might miss something doing that but If I dug everything I'd spend all my time digging and not much time finding in some areas. Some people will section off an area and dig all the shallow trash and get it out of the way and then go back and look for the good stuff, whatever it may be they are seeking. If your detector has the imaging feature you can pretty well tell what is trash and what is treasure by becoming familiar with the imaging screen. If not, yoiu will just have to practice so that you can recognize the various tones and identify trash from treassure. Unfortunately you will have to dig everything to see what certain tones represent. Believe it or not, after a while you can learn to distinguish fairly accaurately. It just takes time and experience. Did you check the links for getting a manual that omnicognic gave you. A manual is a must! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread