Using rattlesnakes to locate lodes, caches, and treasure.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
elgatodelnoche

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. I sure would like to make it back out there to test out my dry washer with the new blower motor and vacuum. I need to call Garret.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reference to the gopher mounds....... I metal detect as well as other hobbies, and ALWAYS check gopher mounds. A lot of the stuff in their path while digging they just push up and out of their holes. I have found jewelry, coins, bullets, arrowheads, and other stuff in them. ALWAYS CHECK THEM, even if it is just to swipe them with your feet to look without a detector.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While it is true that some reptiles hoard gold and other precious metals, it is very dangerous to remove even a single piece of gold without a protective cloak or spell.

Of course this should be no problem if you are the Chosen One.

dragon.JPG

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell,

When I got into Phoenix last week it was 111 AND RAINING! Snakes, for some reason, are scarce around AJ this year.

Mike

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it is an old thread ,but just found my old book about rattlesnakes by J.Frank Doby <<Rattlesnakes>>
In the last chapter there is a story about rattlesnakes guarding a treasure ! :-))
grantler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread