Tools for hunting?

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've seen several people recommend lesch diggers for their hunting toolkit. I'm going to look at their product line and pick out a few tools. I've also seen a guy on youtube use a one hand pick with a magnetic handle tip for grabbing junk iron and such. I was wondering what other tools you guys use when hunting. What do you recommend. I'm probably going to focus on coinshooting and relic hunting on dry land (plains and forest) and in creeks if that helps. Also, other than standard bug repellent, long pants, rugged shoes, a knife for utility, etc., what do you guys recommend for protection when hunting in these areas? I've been told cottonmouths should not be a large concern in Kentucky around the creeks but what about other hostiles, chiggars, copperheads, etc.? Thanks in advance guys.

DiggerB

Feb 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker VI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch out for copper heads. Bug repellent should take care of chiggers. I have put a flea collar around the cuff of each pant leg before when berry picking. That does a pretty good job of keeping chiggers away too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you assemble twenty relic hunters into a formation while standing at attention , you look at and inspect their belts , bags and digging tools ...you will see twenty different diggers , twenty different belts and bags. And people have great pride in what they dig with and no two relic hunters equipment are the same. HOWEVER ... one common thread is.... The Ames WW II Army Shovel / Entrenching Tool. We dont use it opened up the normal way either. We open it up 90 degrees to where it looks like a hoe. You have to have a way to carry it too. The fastest is to find a Maglight belt loop flash light holder at ACE Hardware. Any questions ?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
when you dig with the Ames e tool .... you find the target ...then you hit the ground very very hard as you can ...making only one swing about 6 inches north of the hole as not to harm your find....sometimes with this method ....an item will pop right out of the hole. Its true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread