T2, G2 or Omega 8000 for all-around hunting???

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased an MXT Pro since I used to use own one and LOVED it. I got rid of my stinkin Safari :) Anyways...

Looking to add another detector to my stable. I generally am a coin shooter, but, also look for relics often and like to hit the beaches a few times a year. So...

Would you guys go with the T2, G2 or the Omega 8000? I don't mind a little noise (my MXT was chatty), but, I most DEFINITELY need quick recovery time, accurate target i.d., no masking issues & a machine that doesn't null in or around iron.

I've heard the T2'S & the G2's aren't specifically suited to coin hunting. Sure, they'll find coins, but, they're mainly more for gold and/or relic hunting. True?

Finally, how would the T2 or G2 stack up against the Fisher F70? Appreciate your opinions :)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G2!! Go to findmall teknetics forum and read! VERY good machine! Hit me up for a great price. I sell all three and LOVE the G2!

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
My hunting buddy went out with his G-2 where he had trounced the spot with his ETrack.He was amazed at the speed and fast response. So, so day, a merc, gold ring, nickles, one buffalo, and some wheat's..I had my T-2, seven inch coil since the big one is defective.,....Learning how to use..Man, I got a 25 cent lock on, then to make sure I understood, another, same hole, then another, and a forth.Gathered a lot of targets to practice on in a test garden. The coins really locked on once you zeroed in... :icon_thumright:

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't comment on the rest....but G2 is amazing.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to such a fast recovery. My old white's IDX I have to STOP when it get chatty, let it focus....G2 don't need that. "Chatty" is from so MANY targets in the ground, not cause machine is lost. (When you run low discrim and hit all the iron...)

1st trip to salt beach this weekend...UNREAL...flopping in and out of salt water tide pools, dead quiet and pulling targets. NIIIIICEEEE!

The G2 stuff SEZS less sense to coin (copper/clad) targets, but it's equal to White's on relic/coin depth. Pulling paper shotgun shell casing ends 8 to 10 inches in farm field, same as white's.

For a general hunt maybe I'd lean toward T2, but seeing the G2 in person, WOW. I'm looking for gold, odd ball crap and relics these days, not coins. G2 got me happy. This crap is FAST and the depth is more than I want to dig most days.

AND TINY...holy @#!@# TINY things at depth...

Not an objective review, I know, just purely impressed with performance.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
I just purchased an MXT Pro since I used to use own one and LOVED it. I got rid of my stinkin Safari :) Anyways...

Looking to add another detector to my stable. I generally am a coin shooter, but, also look for relics often and like to hit the beaches a few times a year. So...

Would you guys go with the T2, G2 or the Omega 8000? I don't mind a little noise (my MXT was chatty), but, I most DEFINITELY need quick recovery time, accurate target i.d., no masking issues & a machine that doesn't null in or around iron.

I've heard the T2'S & the G2's aren't specifically suited to coin hunting. Sure, they'll find coins, but, they're mainly more for gold and/or relic hunting. True?

Finally, how would the T2 or G2 stack up against the Fisher F70? Appreciate your opinions :)

Most of the old coins we find are dimes and the Omega/T2 are much better dime finders than the G2 and deeper on the big silver as well. I like the Omega as it can be set up to run quieter in iron than the T2 yet still get the goods. My best results in iron with the T2 were at low iron disc settings with the resultant chatter and iron falsing. That said the T2 is one of the better all arounders out there for a variety of hunting needs. I much prefer it to the MXT.

The G2 is a nugget hunter that happens to have one of the most advanced discrimination systems available today making it great at picking non-ferrous out of extreme iron nails conditions. If you have sites where this can be of benefit such as around old homes and foundations where the goodies are not all that deep it will get the job done pretty much beating all comers.

For coin oriented and general purpose use including dry sand jewelry hunting, the Omega rates no.1 for me. For relic/old site hunting where there is also a good chance of picking up some old coins the T2 is a great pick.

JMHO

Tom Z

oldbob55

Sep 26, 2007
columbia, sc
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, whites M6, Ace 250, Whites eagle spectrum
I just bought a Omega 8000 going out this week end to some old parks here in columbia sc can it be ground balance in wet sand also going to the beach in two weeks. I've heard it can be realy chatty. I had other detectors just wanted to try the Omega 8000 any info would help

HH to all
Bob

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I have heard that the G2 is good for parks and areas of such..
But if you want to find the deep colonial stuff,the T2 is the only way to go..
Once you learn the T2 in 0 disc mode,you will not find a deeper seeking detector hands down.
The T2 special edition in 0 disc mode and boost mode is the deepest seeking detector on the market"In my opinion"....
You just cant wear hphones using the T2 in 0 disc

Blaze..

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
My hunting bud hit a deep target with his Omega .
It was a soft repeatable target.
My Gold Bug SE/same as G2 sounded the same with a tighter ID
A clad dime at 9 inches.
The T2 is deeper but the ID and in-iron ability is hard to beat.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your right Gman! hunting in iron/nails is simply amazing with a G2/GB PRO! People are finding this out and really finding good stuff all there other machines cant hear.

You ought to hear the feedback from my customers that buy them!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
stoopstroop said:
Your right Gman! hunting in iron/nails is simply amazing with a G2/GB PRO! People are finding this out and really finding good stuff all there other machines cant hear.

You ought to hear the feedback from my customers that buy them!

I heard the T2 had the fastest target seperation with iron?
Is the G2 the one with the dual processors?
I mostly hunt early colonial sites in the woods so depth is very important to me :icon_thumleft:

Blaze...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The G2 and the Gold bug Pro have dual processors. Very fast recovery in iron/nails. Picks right thru it! I think the G2 might be faster. Hard to say really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread