MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume hour using T2 SE? The machine is very deep even at lowered sensitivity. Get us informed how you do!

OP
OP
70monte68

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
I will do that. Will be out all weekend and will post findings. I did not post last weekend but found a nice Barber Quater and a 1892 V Nickel(my first) a small pocket spill at 7".. And yes the T2SE.

I see Oklahoma are you near Gage/Shattuck or Woodward?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Moore OK. Sub of OKC.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't use a disc of 5. It's not going to knock out any iron (old nails don't get knocked out til about a disc of 21) so you might as well use a disc of 0 for max depth. I personally like using 4 tones. It's noisy but I like to hear everything and all the tones. I like to know where the iron is because then it's time to slow down. I've found my deepest finds using these settings. As far as sensitivity is concerned, that's really sight specific but I run it as hot as I can stopping just below the EMI chatter. Give these settings a try and be patient and you'll be pleasently surprised.
HH
John

P.S. All metal is good to, just go slower.

OP
OP
70monte68

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Hi John,
So being fairly new to this hobbie and this machine I am going somewhat crazy with the settings. I was using sensitivity 70,80ish discrimination at as high as 70, thinking I would find silver / copper and tone of bp+, However I did not get signals deeper than 4". Is this why? Or possibly there was nothing there. I will try your suggestion of raising the disc to 21.

I recieved this from a friend:

I am convinced I bought the best machine money can buy. With the right settings the T2 should be illegal! And here they are Sensitivity 70 Discrimination 5 and tone 2+ With this setting you will find more goodies than most other detectors and you can use it everywhere stubble pastures and ploughed leveled ground (Not for beach use) You will be able to hold your own everywhere just listen for the sounds. A high pitch sound is a good target a low grunt is iron.

Suggested settings for the T2
Beach: Tone 3b Sens 90 Disc 40
Relic hunting: Tone +3 Sens 90 disc 10
Iron contaminated ground Tone Dp Sens 75 Disc 18
Iron contaminated ground(2) Sens 70 Disc 15 Tone 2+
Stubble Tone: 1 Sens 75 Disc 25-35 (Cut out iron)
Ancient Sites: Sens 85 Disc 4 Tone 2+
Hard Ground: Sens 75 Disc 18 Tone Dp
Coin Shooting: Sens 95 Disc 35 Tone 1 (Dig everything, no hangover)
Riverbank: Sens 90 Disc 35 Tone 1
Pasture: Sens 80 Disc 50 or(4) Tone 2+
Dig everything! Sens 90 Disc 5 Tone 1
Good hunting!
When in Doubt Dig.

hope this helps somebody.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I disagree with your friends statement regarding beach use. My T2 is the first detector I use at the beach. It can't handle the wet sand as there is too much chatter even reducing the sensitivity. But in the dry, I have gotten some of my best finds with the T2. It loves gold even the smallest amount. And it runs deep. The T2 has paid for itself many times over and over and over...

BrownBear

Jan 31, 2010
Roswell,GA
Detector(s) used
ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out on a short hunt in one of Atlanta's parks today with my new T2. My sen at 85 and disc at 45 with 2+ tones and I was getting good depth. The hunt was cut short due to the weather but I was able to cherry pick $1.35 out the ground. I am going to try some of setting(sen 75 disc 5 with 2+) just to see how well it works. Oh I have not used the T2 in all metal yet disc works great for me and pinpointing with T2 is easy, I just use the dot on the coil.
cj

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are not using the T2 in 0 disc mode you are missing targets..
I have been using the T2 detectors heavily for over 2 years now..
It takes alot of practice to hunt in 0 disc mode but it will id a good target in iron
Anytime i try to bump up the disc i can hear my T2 detctors skip alot..I always switch it right back to zero..You will hear anything in the ground..
0 disc is also a big boost for the T2 detectors
I never lower my sens lower than 85-90..Mostly i run it at 99 with no problems.
I would say it took me about a year to master the T2.

Blaze

OP
OP
70monte68

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Hello everbody,

So I am just getting use to the right side of the menu on the T2, SE but am Leary of the all metal side. Can anyone suggest settings that will give me some decent depth in the all metal side of the menu? I am/will be hunting farm fields. The all metal side has so much chatter that it is frustrating . Any help would be grateful!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread