delta 4000

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks picking it up tomorrow

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well did you get it? I was trying one out and seemed very nice. Quick recovery when scanning a few coins on the ground. Loved the big display and felt light. Thought about ordering one with the DD coil.

Seems like everyone I talk to wants to recommend a Garrett Ace 250 or AT Pro. Those seem to be the most popular vendor pushes.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no went to it up the guy had already sold it

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, too bad. It seems to be a nice detector.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I was looking forward to it read good reviews on it ih well keeping saving $ for new one, keep using my bh 2200

nolagrits

Dec 16, 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Got the Delta 4000 for Chrsitmas and have taken it out twice already. I found some quarters and pennies and a few tabs. One thing I notice is when trash is detected (tabs and cans) it likes to bounce all around from alum, foil, zinc and 5 cents. I definatly want to do some field tests to see what gold rings will do, will it bounce around or stay with a consistant # or what? Anyone done any feild tests with this model? The area i went into I had to notch out iron because, I assume it was picking up all kinds of trash. My sens level was at 8.

tskpro

Jan 11, 2013
I just bought this MD. This is the best one you can buy for the price,works like a charm. Can't wait till my next day off.

CarolinaDigger

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2013
I got the Teknetics Delta 4000 for Christmas as well.....went out to search sandbars on a local river that from research had Indian as well as civil war and revolutionary war camps...well luck would have it the water was too high and the weather turned bad so didn't get to do much hunting.......did find a dime, a penny that was missing bits off of it, a few Budweiser cans, .22 she'll casings, a couple catfish hooks, a rod holder stake, and a saw blade.....I picked up the Budweiser cans over 12" deep.....I really liked how it performed now my wife wants to sell her BH IV and get the teknetics 4000....

tskpro

Jan 11, 2013
Just a suggestion to my fellow Delta hunters,if you want to find good stuff, research and hunt old ghost towns and pre 1900 churchs, I promise I have found some of my best finds there.

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just went back to Academy and returned my BH Discovery 1100 and paid the diffent and got the Teknetics Delta 4000 for $149. .... Man what a differnts. went over the same spots i had went over with my 1100. I picked up several coins from the same path I had already took. The depth was great found a old metal mesuring spoon abount 8 or 9" under the ground and under the roots of a old oak tree in my yard. ON THE GOLD READ OUT MY WEDDING RING IS AROUND 55 TO 60.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread