Teknetics Electronic Pinpointer

gold diggr

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a deal on a Teknetics Electronic Pinpointer and i wonder if i should buy it.
There is no model name or number..
Are they any good?

Thanks

i have since found out that it is a Fisher F point

Last edited:

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Omega 8000 10'' / 12x13 NEL
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In my oppinion the pinpointer ist the most Important device after your md. I buyed the garrett pp. Is expensive in compaire with the teks and i never used a tek pp.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
G

gold diggr

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for that, after looking around i think i'll go with the Garrett pro.
Good day to you and HH.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent used the technetics but have used an automax v2 it got me by then got the pro pointer awesome tool good depth & its great how it beeps more the closer u get to ur object, im also running a a dx-1 sunray probé although its like a pinpointer I think of it as another detector since its bacically a,1"coil & gives me the same info as my coil on my v3i but most if the time pro pointer over all of them

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only strange thing on the garrett for me is, when the batterie goes empty it waste the last power with a horror sound and in this phase you can't use it anymore...

Centar

Aug 4, 2013
Newfoundland Canada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great little pinpointer except you have to adjust it every time you turn it on and there is no on light to remind you it is on.
It's not too sensitive (about 1 inch) which in my opinion makes it a great PIN pointer compared to other more expensive and sensitive models which seem too sensitive and don't do a great job of PIN pointing...
Uses 1 9V battery same as my delta 4000 which is nice if the delta's battery goes dead I can use the one from the pinpointer.

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a advantage for me to have more sensitive with the garrett pp, specially if you work with larger coils. Also you can very good locate the Target with this device.

Last edited:

Centar

Aug 4, 2013
Newfoundland Canada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, after watching some garrett pro vids I realize that it does indicate the distance by a variable beep rate making it superior to the Teknetics as it does not indicate the distance only the presence within 1 inch.

On the other hand I have read that some garrett pro pointers are falling out of adjustment and needing to be sent back to the factory where as the Teknetics is a manual adjust which avoids such a problem from developing, I also suspect that the manual adjustment may make the Teknetics more useful in highly mineralized soil but this is yet to be tested.

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, after watching some garrett pro vids I realize that it does indicate the distance by a variable beep rate making it superior to the Teknetics as it does not indicate the distance only the presence within 1 inch.

On the other hand I have read that some garrett pro pointers are falling out of adjustment and needing to be sent back to the factory where as the Teknetics is a manual adjust which avoids such a problem from developing, I also suspect that the manual adjustment may make the Teknetics more useful in highly mineralized soil but this is yet to be tested.

I have no negative experiences on mineralised soils with the garrett. But sometimes the device beeps without a reason, also in the Air. I recover this with turn Off/On.

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Aw man I am so sorry just saw this now......I have a Garrett pp and a bounty hunter pinpointer.....the garrett set me back 119.00 and the bounty hunter about 37.00 new in the box on ebay.....dont get me wrong garrett makes great products but I prefer my bounty hunter pinpointer....and here is why....the garrett looks cooler and sounds cooler but detects three or four inches from the tip down the shaft.....my bounty hunter pinpointer detects from just the tip so when it goes off I know I am right on it......the garret can go off inside a hole and the target can be within the wall or deeper so it takes me longer to locate the target and more digging.....maybe its just my personal preferance but to me time is everything for recovery and the bounty works for me alot better....to each their own though.....good kuck with whatever you got by now and Happy Hunting!

Centar

Aug 4, 2013
Newfoundland Canada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man I am so sorry just saw this now......I have a Garrett pp and a bounty hunter pinpointer.....the garrett set me back 119.00 and the bounty hunter about 37.00 new in the box on ebay.....dont get me wrong garrett makes great products but I prefer my bounty hunter pinpointer....and here is why....the garrett looks cooler and sounds cooler but detects three or four inches from the tip down the shaft.....my bounty hunter pinpointer detects from just the tip so when it goes off I know I am right on it......the garret can go off inside a hole and the target can be within the wall or deeper so it takes me longer to locate the target and more digging.....maybe its just my personal preferance but to me time is everything for recovery and the bounty works for me alot better....to each their own though.....good kuck with whatever you got by now and Happy Hunting!

But doesn't the garret beep faster the closer you get? from the vids I watched it does....and being more sensitive you could find things at a greater distance as apposed to the bounty which needs to be within 1 inch (at least mine does) so sometimes I cannot locate until I dig more....

From the vids I watched I'd like a garret pro but is it worth $120 bucks? that's half the cost of my delta 4000 kit with a pinpointer....it's economics for me...

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
It does beep faster the closer you get but all around up the sides for three or four inches.....maybe just my preference but am telling you its so much easier with the bounty....I also have the delta 4000 and at pro and the delta pinpoints so dead on that if u pop the plug and swirl the hole with the bh pinpointer you're going to be right on top of the target....teknetics makes a pinpointer I just saw and its identical to the bh.....if I am not mistaken teknetics bounty hunter and fisher are all affiliated......to me not worth the 120.....I wish you could try both in the field am betting you would prefer the bh

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im betting the other way on the garret I have & used many pinpointers the way the garret works is fenomenal

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Again just my preference...I had the bh first so it may be that its just that I got used to it a few months before got my garrett

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyones got a preference which is good, get & use what works best for you its not who has the biggest & most expensive stuff its how u use what u have to its full.advantage & get the most out of it

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only strange thing on the garrett for me is, when the batterie goes empty it waste the last power with a horror sound and in this phase you can't use it anymore...

haha..That is true!....I love the Garrett, but the only downside for me, is the fact im on my second one, because my button broke on the first one, and my new was sometimes goes off in midair...I dont knwo if its just defective, or something with the battery...even with that said...i would still buy another one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread