Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: EuroTec Pro new detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2013
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

EuroTec Pro new detector

Been looking at the videos at YouTube about the new
    Euro Tech. Looks like Ace 250 and Ace350 has some
    real competition. I think Barts Big Boys sells them.

us
    Jan 2012
    South-Western PA
    Fisher F-75 Teknetics Omega 8000 Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    They do seem like a pretty good detector. It's hard to tell just from videos, I'd like to get my hands on one for a day or two to try.

Aug 2012
    2 times
    I picked up the Eurotek pro to have as a back up and extra detector. I have not had a chance to get out and test , I will be taking it on vacation with me . Seems like it is a good detector though.

us
    Dec 2005
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Lots of them... I have no brand preferences at all..although I worked as a supervisor for a company that reproduced the circuitry for the world's largest detector mfg.
    161 times
    Innovations
    I have a Eurotek Pro and it gets 9" on a clad dime, with 8" concentric (or) an 11" DD coil. A Teknetics G2 gets 10" with its 5" DD coil. So does a Fisher Gold Bug Pro. The Eurotek Pro has a bit more depth on small to larger linear scrap iron than the Tesoro Compadre, but that's where its depth advantage ends. A 5" coil on it would likely get it that extra 1" air depth though. However, the Compadre is better balanced, and not so top-heavy. I'm not sure if the 5" DD would work on the EP. It does continually track iron and displays a flashing iron sign though if it is present, and that is a nice option..
    Last edited by LuckyLarry; Aug 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

us
    Dec 2005
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Lots of them... I have no brand preferences at all..although I worked as a supervisor for a company that reproduced the circuitry for the world's largest detector mfg.
    161 times
    Innovations
    Well, just FYI, the Eurotec Pro has a problem. It is internally ground balanced to a point of being too positive for much of my soil here in the West. So, I'ill take it upon myself to open it up and set the GB to a different point. It is so far off that the pinpoint touch mode can not be used with ease. The only way to use it under those conditions is to continually re-tune it while slowly lowering it closer to the target in question. That however, is not as easy as it seems.. Yes, I know that if I open it up and readjust the BG it will ruin the warranty. No big deal, if it does I'll be able to repair the thing myself anyway should it malfunction or break somehow. In side-by-side comparisons in high Fe ground - I've discovered that my Tesoro Compadre operates more smoothly and definitively, handles the bad ground (MUCH) better, and discriminates against iron more precisely.

The Eurotech though, does a (MUCH) better job of separating pull-tabs and aluminum foil of various sizes from good targets, and has about a 1" deeper response on coin sized steel or iron objects buried in the ground. But of course as would be expected, in the more highly mineralized soil the Eurotech makes lots of grunts responding to the iron percentage of the soil matrix, and shows the same on the iron display on the upper left side of the touch pad.
    Last edited by LuckyLarry; Aug 28, 2013 at 04:09 AM.

us
    Jan 2012
    South-Western PA
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
    Well, just FYI, the Eurotec Pro has a problem. It is internally ground balanced to a point of being too positive for much of my soil here in the West. So, I'ill take it upon myself to open it up and set the GB to a different point. It is so far off that the pinpoint touch mode can not be used with ease. The only way to use it under those conditions is to continually re-tune it while slowly lowering it closer to the target in question. That however, is not as easy as it seems.. Yes, I know that if I open it up and readjust the BG it will ruin the warranty. No big deal, if it does I'll be able to repair the thing myself anyway should it malfunction or break somehow. In side-by-side comparisons in high Fe ground - I've discovered that my Tesoro Compadre operates more smoothly and definitively, handles the bad ground (MUCH) better, and discriminates against iron more precisely.

The Eurotech though, does a (MUCH) better job of separating pull-tabs and aluminum foil of various sizes from good targets, and has about a 1" deeper response on coin sized steel or iron objects buried in the ground. But of course as would be expected, in the more highly mineralized soil the Eurotech makes lots of grunts responding to the iron percentage of the soil matrix, and shows the same on the iron display on the upper left side of the touch pad.
    So you're saying this metal detector would be a heck of a lot better if it had a ground balance?

de
    May 2013
    Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
    Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Omega 8000 10'' / 12x13 NEL Garrett Pro-Pointer
    12 times
    Relic Hunting
    Groundbalancing and Frequency-Change are nice Features. Without it i a have to leave the Field with my Omega. On the other side i never missed it on my old garrett 150. Sure this help you not a little, maybe someone can explain it.

us
    Jan 2012
    South-Western PA
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was just meaning that everything on the detector seems to be good except for the preset positive ground balance. I know already that ground balance can make a HUGE difference in the ability of a detector.

Jul 2013
    Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by elijahhenry10 View Post
    I was just meaning that everything on the detector seems to be good except for the preset positive ground balance. I know already that ground balance can make a HUGE difference in the ability of a detector.
    Yeah, but keep in mind the eurotek pro is a beginner machine made for simplicity. Adjustable ground balance would make it a little more complex, and it's a feature mainly found on mid-level (or above) units.

us
    Mar 2009
    Columbia falls Montana
    Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elijahhenry10 View Post
    So you're saying this metal detector would be a heck of a lot better if it had a ground balance?
    Probably would not be as bad in PA as Western Oregon where Larry is talking about.

us
    May 2013
    Arkansas
    Fisher GoldBugPro F2 F5 F70 F75LTD Teknetics_Gamma Garrett_GTP1350
    35 times
    Fisher took the F2 and added ground balance and a better coil and doubled the price. $400 If they added ground balance, I'll assume you will pay a lot more than you did.

My Fishers' default ground balance is 82. No where have I seen any ground that far up the range. My guess is, it's set that high because too many people use air tests as their only measurement of performance.
    jmho

us
    Dec 2005
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    161 times
    Innovations
    Simply put, the Eurotech needs a ground balance for soil from the Rocky Mountains to the west coast, in order to make it handle the ground better there. If people live there they should steer away from it, and the Aces too. And the Fisher F2 works better there than either of the other two. I have tried all three and owned the Ace 250 and now the Eurotech, it's not my imagination that I write about. I can change the settings easily though, or install an adjustable pot if I want to, it's not a tough job at all.. Arkansas and European soils are extremely light and iron-free compared to the western USA soil.. Soil in Ohio and Pa run about a 5 or 6 on a CZ Fisher rotary dial, but they go from 1 1/2 to a 3 here, about 3x as much Fe ores and related Fe metal compounds, including metalic moss and other iron related organisms..
    Last edited by LuckyLarry; Aug 28, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
    louie41 likes this.

us
    Tennessee Digger

Sep 2011
    Tesoro and Troy Shadow
    348 times
    Larry....thanks so very much for sharing your knowledge. I've been thinking about getting one but still haven't made up my mind yet. Is there any way that you could share your exact settings with us? I know where I live (Tennessee) my settings would be a little different but I'd like to see how someone with a lot of knowledge sets their machine up. I would appreciate it, thanks.

Dec 2012
    on the rocks - so cal county line
    Gold bug pro / Whites coin master II
    160 times
    the gold bug pro 4.0 has the newest software and is the top dog even for civil war hunters

us
    Tennessee Digger

Sep 2011
    Tesoro and Troy Shadow
    348 times
    H-2 Charlie.....can you save the settings on it? If so, I may look into it. My hunting buddy has a GB Pro but he has to set it up every time he turns it on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors