dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the t2 a couple months ago, at first I wasn't terribly impressed. Then I put the 5 inch coil on wow this thing hits targets like a machine gun in heavy trash. Pulling coins from places that went dry with other detectors. I don't have an atp but a buddy does and he does well with it.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking on getting a T2 LTD. There is some hot debate between Etrac and T2 apparently. Personally, from what I have seen, I'd rather have an Etrac but the cost...even though it is top of the line, it might devastate me to have one bad day with it(a $1500 detector that is). The T2 is much more reasonable but maybe not as advanced....i don't know. But yes, i noticed that i don't see a lot of people bragging about the T2...not sure why. The one thing about the Etrac that entices me, almost more than any other feature...even over depth, is, it's operating frequencies...that it operates at multiple frequencies is a serious advantage over most detectors. For me, in consideration of time and finances, I might just go with the T2 for now. Oh yeah, i use an ATP, but at this point...I want to try a different brand. I'll keep my ATP though, it has done well but I really want to put it up against another brand to see for myself. If and when I do, hopefully soon, i'll post the results.

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Omega 8000 10'' / 12x13 NEL
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am thinking on getting a T2 LTD. There is some hot debate between Etrac and T2 apparently. Personally, from what I have seen, I'd rather have an Etrac but the cost...even though it is top of the line, it might devastate me to have one bad day with it(a $1500 detector that is). The T2 is much more reasonable but maybe not as advanced....i don't know. But yes, i noticed that i don't see a lot of people bragging about the T2...not sure why. The one thing about the Etrac that entices me, almost more than any other feature...even over depth, is, it's operating frequencies...that it operates at multiple frequencies is a serious advantage over most detectors. For me, in consideration of time and finances, I might just go with the T2 for now. Oh yeah, i use an ATP, but at this point...I want to try a different brand. I'll keep my ATP though, it has done well but I really want to put it up against another brand to see for myself. If and when I do, hopefully soon, i'll post the results.

I would only decide if I had the opportunity to a direct comparison between the Etrac and t2. My colleague has a deus xp, I have a omega 8000.
I can see no major differences in terms of search performance (depth, speed recovery, disc etc.). Sure there are some nice features on deus, but that would not be worth my money. At the end you find the same amount of caps and tabs as before.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fisher's CZ-3d, Minelab's Safari and Explorer SE Pro, and whites' DFX are all multi frequency machines as well.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I use the atpro and do good with it, I'm in the market for a knew one and thinking of the t2 se of course.so what does that tell you. I don't like that people compare the atpro to all the high end MD.It is a insult to the makers.Its ok for knowlage stand point, but to think its better is wrong.All high end MD suold get about the same dept, will say eight inches and then functions come into play, this ones good for that that ones good for this.You going to need more then one , there's not one that does it all, so in saying that figure out what you have to spend for what you do the most.Now you already have the top of the line MD for relics.Now never used the t2,but I did use the f75 for a bit and I can tell you first hand it does go deeper than the atpro.I don't auger coat any thing. And I'm not a pro but where also sent putting a wing on the space shuttle. Now that's take the deus it would be great for old house sites .minelab user go slow and analyzes the targets. And there great for deep silver we can go on and on. I been searching information on MD for a year now. And I'm thinking a three punch would be at pro ,etrac. Or explorer , and t2 We that's going to be my arsenal. One for just about every situation in my neck of the woods. Well good luck hoped it helped.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't mean to sound harsh,but my reply would disappear half way threw and I have to start over.Just wanted to add that if you use the atpro and you no the coin is there then you would get it deep or if there's not much in the ground, but if there is a lot of trash it would be harder to here it and that's when a high end MD would do better.You can use the atpro out in the rain which I have done a lot.And it is a good unit but I think it lacks dept and don't think it hits silver hard,like it hits clad and you can saying it fast.It doesn't. Have emi issues.Now I no the t2 hits hot rocks well that's what I here, I no the f75 did.I think the t2 is old news people talk about the f75 ltd more and even think that calmed down.A year ago that's all you heard now its the ctx or v3i and the deus seems like it making the news again oh and of cost the etrac.I would love to have any of them.Just think a while back it was the explorers and mxt or dfx.Its funny cause you watch guys who make a lot of videos using a MD and swear how good it is till the new one comes out then they turn on the old one so you have to take it with a grain of salt.When you watch stuff and do reasrch on a MD look for little things that don't make sense.Iike how come I can t watch someone actually using the MD in action no you just see it over a target. So that's stuff I looked for,before a MD comes in the mail I don't even have to read the manual, I did so much reaserch.There's. A lot of guys that been doing this for a long time and they must get a good laugh now and then. Gees didn't mean to right a novel.

Last edited:

stubbie

Oct 27, 2013
North Norfolk
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all from over the pond
Now i had the Whites VX3 and i just not could get on with it i was for ever changing the settings not knowing if the machine was set up right plus i was getting no depth at all even when running it hot.
my buddy brought the T2 se about 2 months ago and he has not looked back he is pulling stuff up left right and centre now what did it for me was he had a nice signal showing 8" and my VX3 would not pick it up no signal at all so that was it traded mine in for the T2 se only used it a couple of times but wow this machine is deep and i mean deep !!! on some of the fields it does get a bit chirpy but just turning the settings down a bit sorts it out i run the machine Sens-84 Disc-10 tones 2+ it is so simple to set up just pick your Sens & your Disc plus what tones you want and that's it great, plus you hear it when it is Iron and a nice high tone on a good target i love it and would highly recommend the T2 se what i have read here in the UK is the Fisher 75 and the T2 se with or without the boost mode on would not get beaten on depth
Happy hunting from one very happy T2 se user from over the pond :thumbsup:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we should keep quiet about how amazing the T2 SE is so we will be the only ones to get the deep tiny stuff out of the ground :-) jk

stubbie

Oct 27, 2013
North Norfolk
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we should keep quiet about how amazing the T2 SE is so we will be the only ones to get the deep tiny stuff out of the ground :-) jk
True Ahab8 thought of that after i posted we can just follow after other users and pick up the stuff they miss :coins:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really funny when people talk about t2, first thing is its too chatty and unstable. So many repeat stuff like this everybody reading thinks it must be true. I could not be happier with my t2 it has become my go to for all my hunting.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really funny when people talk about t2, first thing is its too chatty and unstable. So many repeat stuff like this everybody reading thinks it must be true. I could not be happier with my t2 it has become my go to for all my hunting.
Yeah that machine is a monster! It's chatty because it's super sensitive. And honestly there's lots of sites that mine's very stable at. Other places I just turn it down a bit and it quiets down. It's still deeper than most... Even when turned way down

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I honestly have to say that after trying both the AT Gold and T2 ES LTD the T2 was kinder to me... Found a lot of coins with the T2. Still learning the AT Gold and still at zero in regards to coins... Unfortunately my impatience with a defective machine made me trade the T2... Will save up again for a T2...

HH

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly have to say that after trying both the AT Gold and T2 ES LTD the T2 was kinder to me... Found a lot of coins with the T2. Still learning the AT Gold and still at zero in regards to coins... Unfortunately my impatience with a defective machine made me trade the T2... Will save up again for a T2... HH
It's not often that people are as honest as you. Most try to convince themselves that what they have is best. Nice honest post

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ahab! On my way to NM and see if I can find some nickels. It's seem I'm on a dry spell with this AT Gold. That T2 was a monster and found a lot of V nickels with it. Who knows maybe I found them all lol. Wish me luck going solo no one else is up for the hunt or hike.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ahab! On my way to NM and see if I can find some nickels. It's seem I'm on a dry spell with this AT Gold. That T2 was a monster and found a lot of V nickels with it. Who knows maybe I found them all lol. Wish me luck going solo no one else is up for the hunt or hike.
Go get it TY! Show the others what they're missing :-)

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly have to say that after trying both the AT Gold and T2 ES LTD the T2 was kinder to me... Found a lot of coins with the T2. Still learning the AT Gold and still at zero in regards to coins... Unfortunately my impatience with a defective machine made me trade the T2... Will save up again for a T2...

HH

Sorry to hear that TY!! I was in the same boat thinkin the gold was gonna be great but it turned into a BUST!!!!! I would take my T2 rite behind where I just took my gold and could not believe what I missed.. The gold just didn't hit like I thought it should on targets. GL&HH.....

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm telling you guys...when you get locked in with the T2 SE and really learn that machine, it just doesn't seem to leave much behind. It's super deep, it's super sensitive( sniffs out the smallest of pieces),and it's super light and comfortable( you can swing it all day long). I wouldn't trade mine for anything. It just seems like Teknetics has really nailed it.
I was a bit nervous about all of the horrible EMI talk when I got my machine. What I found is that in my neighborhood yes it's chattery, but surprisingly I have a site that is literally underneat high tension power lines and it hardly effects my machine. It almost seems that if it's lots of different electrical devices it's bothersome but the power lines by themselves don't have a big impact. That I was very very happy about. I knew when I dug a civil war heel plate and a mid 1700s coin my first month I had made the right choice( Actually my girlfriend bought it for me , so she made the right choice. :-))
It's a great feeling when you can walk away from a site and feel comfortable that no one is going to roll in there after you and find something because they have a deeper more sensitive machine. I truly believe that if you learn the T 2 SE and go low and slow you will go home with the good stuff. Now if this damn snow would go away. Oh yeah -15 here in Maine tonight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread