Bought a Delta 4000 as a backup and all I can say is... Wow!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On sale at Gander Mountain for $219. I picked up a 4000 as a backup/buddy machine, not really giving it much credit but after closer scrutiny, I am impressed as heck.

VCO pinpointing? all-metal mode with ID? Light as a feather? 1 nine volt battery? Excellent speed and depth (at least in air tests)

I know one thing, I'll have the little Tek 4000 in my trunk as a grab and go. You live and learn I guess.

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 2 Teknetic Delta 4000s bought for $160 each brand new. It is an awesome detector for the money, air tests on a quarter at stock (8) sensitivity is 8.5" inches. If the sensitivity is increased to 11 the detection range is nearly 10-11 inches. On the actual ground the numbers are almost the same in the South FL soil.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
here in northeast fla --my delta 4000 is my main "go to" machine -- I've got health issues and can no longer drag around a "big heavy" machine --but I still want a good machine --not a kiddie toy * -- so I got a delta 4000 and I think for the money its a winner --its light in weight -- yet not "cheaply made" --its 0 to 99 number ID system really gives it good "sorting ability" room to work with --the fact that its got both a all metal mode and a discrimate mode is handy --plus pinpointing .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread