T2 On Nicks?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love digging nickels. My current two main machines are are really good on em. The CZ-3D in particular will sniff em out in a sea of pull tabs. I use the 5" coil and go where I don't dare take the ATP. The nickel window is pretty tight and nicks high tone (love that) and tabs mid tone. Yes of course I still dig pt's but my ratio is HUGELY improved.

How does the T2 handle nicks & pull tabs?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig a lot of nicks with the t2, it gives a 58 on shallow nicks and the deeper they get it bounces 57 to 61ish and shows 58 half the time. If it says 58 and is bouncing down to say 50 it is usually a 22 shell. Square tabs are closer to nicks than are pulltabs. I would suggest the sharpshooter coil as it ids better than the 11 inch and less eim. The 5 inch is great too just seems small.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dig a lot of nicks with the t2, it gives a 58 on shallow nicks and the deeper they get it bounces 57 to 61ish and shows 58 half the time. If it says 58 and is bouncing down to say 50 it is usually a 22 shell. Square tabs are closer to nicks than are pulltabs. I would suggest the sharpshooter coil as it ids better than the 11 inch and less eim. The 5 inch is great too just seems small.

When I said pultabs, I was referring to ALL types of tabs. The T2se doesn't have notch correct? I'm really looking forward to it.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
reading through the manual….

3: Three different audio tones. Iron produces a low pitched tone. Aluminum trash and zinc pennies produce a medium tone. Most other coins, including nickels, produce a high tone. A combination of continuous and sampled processing reduces the breaking up of the tone due to deep objects, or multiple objects close together. This method is usually preferred if you are searching for coins in a trashy area. Most users will set the discrimination level below nickels, at about 50, and dig only objects that produce a consistent and repeatable high tone. NOTE: with this method, some steel bottle caps produce consistent high tones, similar to coins (see section on bottle cap identification).

How well does this work in a sea of pull tabs, pop tops?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread