and others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digitanyway, we were just talking about it today. Ahab8 and I have been talking about trying the 5x10 elliptical and the big one came up as well. I think it would be great for trying to locate CW camps in the pastures etc. Simply covers way more ground and should be great for sites with really deep targets. I doubt it would be as sensitive to small objects such as nuggets. Everything has pros and cons. Traditional thinking says larger coils cover more ground and go deeper, but are more effected by EMI and less sensitive to small objects. Not to mention should be a bit more taxing to swing. Thing I will have to try the 5x10 first but sure hope to hear your input on the big boy if you get it.

OP
OP
digitanyway

digitanyway

Greenie
Aug 24, 2014
Sweet Home Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 se, Whites gm3, Garrett at gold, Garrett at Max, GMT,
and others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
digitanyway, we were just talking about it today. Ahab8 and I have been talking about trying the 5x10 elliptical and the big one came up as well. I think it would be great for trying to locate CW camps in the pastures etc. Simply covers way more ground and should be great for sites with really deep targets. I doubt it would be as sensitive to small objects such as nuggets. Everything has pros and cons. Traditional thinking says larger coils cover more ground and go deeper, but are more effected by EMI and less sensitive to small objects. Not to mention should be a bit more taxing to swing. Thing I will have to try the 5x10 first but sure hope to hear your input on the big boy if you get it.

Thanks for the reply TNGUNS. I am going to a place in Nevada where the nuggets are from small to very large. Some have been found to be several ounces and they use very large coils. some have been found 2 feet and over with the high dollar minelabs. The ground is very mild there, I figured the T2 could do it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread