g2 update, help, info, opinuions please....

trashman

Jun 6, 2014
edgewater
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter trk4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone, well got the g2 back from fisher again.so far its had 2 new coils put on the latest calibrated???. and it still does the same thing.when i put it into all metal,as soon as i turn the knob, the ground phase numbers start to wildly flucuate.i follow the grd balance procedure, and it seems to grd balance ok,but the ground phase numbers just keep rolling up and down,wether the machine is sweeping or standing still.it does this everywhere. has anyone ever experinced this? and more so if i continue to go ahead and use it will i be messing it up more? or is this normal? any and all info,thoughts will be greatly appriciated. its driving me nuts. thanks jack:tongue3:

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well this looks perfectly normal to me.

The purpose is to keep an eye on it and, if the Ground phase number consistantly stays 15 or 20 numbers higher or lower than the GB setting, then you can ground grab to correct.

Should you have an incorrect GB setting, the unit will let you know with noticeable, different, long "zips".

HH

Grumpy.

CapeTownBeachBum

Sep 21, 2014
Cape Town
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Teknetics G2 Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yeah Ground phase numbers will continue to jump around but ... does it do this when you lift the coil into the air ? I find that if I leave it still or in the air it fades ... but also I hunt 99.9% beaches so ..... that simply my experience

OP
OP
T

trashman

Jun 6, 2014
edgewater
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter trk4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks brian,wether its in the air or still it still does the ground phase bounce. most of my hunting is on the beach also,how do you like the g2 on the beach?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread