t2 air test in discrimination mode

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a air test to see how much dept would be lost in discrimination mode which there was little, but when I cranked it up to 50/60 it was like no discrimination at all. I was using a quarter there was about a inch lost in 20/40 discrimination, but got stronger in 50/60 anyone no why?

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a air test to see how much dept would be lost in discrimination mode which there was little, but when I cranked it up to 50/60 it was like no discrimination at all. I was using a quarter there was about a inch lost in 20/40 discrimination, but got stronger in 50/60 anyone no why?

I've read gain is increased automatically at low disc and then reduced at a certain range and then goes into boost at higher disc.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, well it works. will it still block unwanted targets at high discrim?

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read gain is increased automatically at low disc and then reduced at a certain range and then goes into boost at higher disc.
so when you say gain you also mean senc. I had sense at 60 threw out the test.it dosent say much in the manual that's why I asked.I will do some more test tomorrow on the subject.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so when you say gain you also mean senc. I had sense at 60 threw out the test.it dosent say much in the manual that's why I asked.I will do some more test tomorrow on the subject.

Gain and sens are different from each other gain amps deeper faint signals and and adds to small targets. Some detectors like explorers have adjustments for both. One the Explorer with gain at five a deep target will sound softer, when you turn up gain it will sound as strong as a shallow target. WOOF could explain it better.

CapeTownBeachBum

Sep 21, 2014
Cape Town
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Teknetics G2 Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny thing is ... you never know what deep target you will sweep over when not running all metal .... I rather run all metal on my G2 ... even if it means digging a few extra deep trash targets ... if you get to know your detector you will hear by the tone exactly what you are digging ... FYI this applies to me on beaches where perhaps there is less trash than where you are hunting ? just my opinion ...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing is ... you never know what deep target you will sweep over when not running all metal .... I rather run all metal on my G2 ... even if it means digging a few extra deep trash targets ... if you get to know your detector you will hear by the tone exactly what you are digging ... FYI this applies to me on beaches where perhaps there is less trash than where you are hunting ? just my opinion ...

I agree, the g2 is a high gain detector as are most gold type detectors.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had the t2 for a short while, I have a lot to learn.I was doing test in discrimination and found it got stronger at high discrim, I also did test with the atpro which I be leave got stronger to. the etrac well its just different.I be wanting to do more test, but this white stuff keeps falling, so I made friends with my shovel.I got the t2 to move faster in more random spots but I think I should of went for the g2 not that I don't like the t2 , cause I found my first spanish with it , it's just I have the etrac and it hits some targets better visa versa.I just think a gold detector would of been used for different types of detecting well I'm not going to part with the t2 .ok I'm getting off track.I'll do more test thanks for the informative replies.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would,like,to know exactly what numbers the gain cuts in and out on. Watched a video on the Nokia racer vs t2 on a 6 inch deep bullet with both on 35 disc and racer hit it but not t2 which I think is because of lower gain at 35 disc. I believe lower or higher it should have hit hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread