Omega 8000 opinions: Hit & miss?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!
I am really interested in trying an Omega 8000, but the horror stories of EMI chatter are really starting to put me off. I have heard that some can people run sensitivity into 80's or higher & it is still stable (enough). Many say they can only run 50 or less on sensitivity or it is basically unusable due to the excessive chatter. Are Omega users happy with the stability of the machine? How high are you able to run sensitivity? Is the machine so hot that you can get away with a low sensitivity setting for better stability & still retain the great depth? Does it hit well (lock) on nickels/gold jewelry? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Scott

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Atomicscott,
I have had an Omega for 2 years and I love it. I think the reports on EMi are exaggerated . I rarely have issues and rarely experience chatter, and when it does happen,it usually goes away by changing the frequency ( shift really) I can run it at 99 if I choose to but usually run 80-90 or 75 or so in parks.
I hunt very efficiently with the Omega its a very comfprtable machine. I use stock elliptical and elliptical 10x5 DD. Omega's a great choice.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Atomicscott,
I have had an Omega for 2 years and I love it. I think the reports on EMi are exaggerated . I rarely have issues and rarely experience chatter, and when it does happen,it usually goes away by changing the frequency ( shift really) I can run it at 99 if I choose to but usually run 80-90 or 75 or so in parks.
I hunt very efficiently with the Omega its a very comfprtable machine. I use stock elliptical and elliptical 10x5 DD. Omega's a great choice.

Thanks so much for the response. I think I will pull the trigger. From what I have read & youtube videos I've seen (of course), it seems more people like the Omega than dislike it. I like my X-Terra 505 a lot, I'm just itching to try something different & the Omega seems like a fast, light machine, that is fairly easy to learn. Seems to hit deep too. It's always fun to take a new machine, or coil to your favorite 'hunted out' sites & see if you get pleasantly surprised. I still find wheats & clad with my F2 that my other detectors (costing 2-3 times as much) missed! Thanks again, HH. Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread