1st Texas Products,El Paso Texas, Customer service..

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my Technetics Delta 4000 last October from Kellyco and First time out using last month it just would not behave. I used it for several days and got completely frustrated with it. It would find any nickle, penny or dime with no problem but never a quarter. I took my ETP over the same ground and it found 1 quarter after another! Then the darn thing would not stay on unless I removed the battery and put it back in then it would stay on. The pin point function was 3 inches off to the right of the coil instead of center. The last thing still has me boggled. If I have the Delta in the van with the control box facing toward the front of the van and then I turn the ignition off the darn thing would turn itself on. I have called 1st Texas Products,El Paso Texas,3 times now and each time got a recording to leave my name and number and NOT ONCE did anyone return my call.
I am frustrated with this unit as now it sits in a corner on my porch as I head out with my ETP and Ace 250. Anyone else have trouble getting any one from 1ST Texas to return your calls. any ideas as how to get someone to respond to my calls?:BangHead:

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats odd. When my old BH LS started acting up, I called and had someone on the phone im seconds who helped me out sent out a needed part no charge and no hassle and suggested working with the store I bought it from if I wanted to upgrade to a different unit. If it were to lapse outside of the stores return policy or the store gave me any flak, he suggested I just call them and they would handle it. Different experiences I suppose.
Good luck!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You called 3 times, posted on the 20th, it is now early 22nd. They will get back to you, or maybe already did ? A company has more than one customer, and sometimes can't get to every call within minutes.

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience

My experience with First Texas has been outstanding. As a matter a fact, I just got my Omega back from them last week.

See:

I'm not going into the dirty details of what they did but a bit of research shows that the VAST majority of peoples dealings / warranty work have been positive.

I'll say, my Omega now is working perfectly and I am one :thumbsup: happy customer :thumbsup: with First Texas Products (Omega, ETP, F5, BH 505)!

Edit: I'll add this is probably their absolutley busiest time of the year with the spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still no calls from them. I 1st tried calling them on the 15th btw.

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.A.P, Thanks I called and got a hold of Felix..got a RA# from him.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just caught this. Glad you finally got it resolved. I was going to email an engineer friend that works there for you, but no need now.

Hope your refitted detector finds you tons (not of pulltabs) - Mike

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never, never had a time FTP didn't address a problem. Not only do they want to keep customers happy, but they scan these forums to educate themselves on customer receptions and experiences of their products.

Mike Scott or Felix are the go to guys, and it sounds like you got one of them. Let the healing begin.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, I've had nothing but great experiences with First Texas customer service.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felix was the one who took care of me in a pinch. Hes a good guy. Knowledgeable too. Was great to have one person answer the phone and one person handle the problem. Not be transfered around to a bunch of people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions