T2 se question

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Set it on 2+ tones, disc at 10, sens as high as it's quiet. GB. Next time you hit a 80-90s target turn 45degrees and see if it still gives those high numbers. Iron will not. Hope this helps.

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE, BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM, TEKNETICS T2, GARRETT PROPOINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a signal is a bit jumpy for me, I go into all metal mode. Mine seems to ID better in all metal mode. I normally run mine in bp mode for the extra depth, very rare in 4 tones. Don't know where you are hunting, but right now here in NH, the ground can still be very wet at places, and I find myself ground balancing more than usual. Keep at it, you will find a mode that will work for you.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My T2 does same thing dug up 85 to 90s target s and dug nothing dug old rusted nails at old 1916 military camp it was frustrating

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a T2 Se i set the sensitivity @70.....set the discrimination @ 30 nd use a 4 tone i also have been hunting with the stock coil and 5" dd coilI have been getting signals in the high 80-90s and pulling out rusty nails and metal?*What is going on??*

Charlives is right on. 2 tone is the only way in heavy iron.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
99 0 disc 2+ tone..Work your way down with the sensitivity if you have to..I never do..

Remember the faster you swing it back and forth the more accurate the ID will be..I am talking back and forth as fast as you possibly can..Whipping it..You will see that iron start sounding off like iron..It takes time to learn this but work at it..

~Blaze~

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again I went to camp Cody and got 89/92 signals and noting but nails about 6/7ins deep. I'll try ur advise next I go out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread