T2 coil

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just wondering how many people that have a T2 are using the rubber washer on their 11 inch coil? because the instructions that came with my T2 say that it was designed for no washers. I have read on this forum were a person didnt use one and his ears on his coil broke. The instructions says that if you do use the rubber washer that it will break it also ,i have had two rubber washers that came with my small coil.Just wondering how many people are using the washers and how many isnt ? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like any other rod to coil setup. If you have a gap between the rod and ears you need a washer to fill it or pressure from squeezing the ears with the bolt will cause it to crack. If you have to force a rod between the ears because it's too wide because of the washers it's going to crack. Just use common sense and you will be fine.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right because the Eurotek was the same way. They told me it was NOT supposed to have washers. Seems like a very poor design to me even though I do like everything about Teknetics functionality.

OP
OP
kyskinner

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok thanks guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread