anyone using a Cors coil on a Teknetics Omega?

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm thinking of getting a Cors 12.5 x 8.5 DD coil as an upgrade for my Omega. I now have the 10"x 5" elliptical concentric and the
10"x5" elliptical DD but sometimes want greater ground coverage. The Cors coil is very reasonable ($124) and there is a 13.5 x 11.5 one for $150) also available but I think I'd prefer the elliptical one. Any thoughts on the Cors brand of coils?

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Decided to get one quality seems fine to me. After a couple of trials I wouldn't
Hesitate to recommend it - really can't
Beat the price

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
TEK 4000,TEK G2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting ready to order one for my G2 ive owned two other NEL coils that have been good the sharpshooter and the tornado... the sharpshooter developed a glitch at the connector to the box after a year, but I cut down the wires and resoldered them now it works fine. The tornado worked great and deep but not well in tight spots, big and round... From what I understand NEL and CORS are the same company but NEL is imported by golddiggers and CORS by seriousdetecting there was some kind of controversy going on with golddiggers or something I heard, so NEL decided to change their name and distribute elsewhere??

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know the deal on NEL vs CORS but I will say that the coil works quite well on my Omega. On Christmas eve I was at a heavily hunted site
that I've found Colonial era buttons and coins, and foun d a large Tombac dandy at 12" plus deep. I have found no quality issues with this coil
well worth the $125 it cost me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread