Coils for Delta 4000

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going with the 4000 because of its value (high performance to price ratio), not sure you want to lower the value by spending money on an accessory coil that is only going to give you marginal improvement over the stock 8" concentric which is a good all around performer. Even though you can change out coils on the 4000, i am not sure it is worth the trip. That being said, the NEL coils appear to be good values, so I would go with a smaller elliptical DD coil for more target separation. Not sure going with the larger Teknetics 11" DD coil (the other "stock" coil, but that package is significantly higher cost than the 8" concentric stock coil package) or any other larger compatible DD coil gets you much more in terms of depth. Frankly, if you are going to spend the money on accessory coils, I would also spend the money on a detector that can ground balance to get the most out of those specialized coils. Just my opinion.

Idaho Digger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning about my 4000. The one thing I have noticed is how sensitive it is. From previous detectors, I would think a sniper coil might be a real bonus if searching in trashy areas. Money vs. a real increase in usability, I think the sniper coil makes the most sense.
I have found some mighty small metal at some pretty decent depths with the stock coil. I have to say I'm impressed, especially for the cost of the machine.

My Best, John

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continuing Idaho Digger's thought, if you are going to invest in another coil for the 4000 regardless, the sniper type coils are probably your best bet. Specifically, I would look at the NEL Sharpshooter or the slightly smaller NEL Snake DD elliptical coils. Though the Snake is smaller, it has the advantage that it is a closed coil design vs. spider design so it is less likely to get hung up in branches and brambles when searching in tight areas. The Sharpshooter, though elliptical, is similar in size to the 8" concentric, so if you really want to see a marked difference in performance (i.e., target separation) vs. the 8" stock, I would seriously consider the NEL Snake. Teknetics/First Texas only make a small round 5" DD coil for the Delta, and it is significantly more expensive than the NEL coils. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread