Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have closed out the Omega 8000, it was replaced by the 8500. I inquired about an 8000 for a customer the other day and found they are all gone... Not sure about the G2 but no doubt it is nearing the end of availability as well.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, your info is pretty old, the last 8000's were gone about 5 months ago.

You might find a dealer with one left, but unlikely to get a BIG discount as they (dealers) bought them at regular prices. Fisher did announce that they would relax MAP pricing on those units though.

I have a new in box 8000 as a spare, because I prefer it to the new 8500. I "thought" I wanted a backlight, but to gain that what was lost is too much of a trade off. What I originally liked about the Omega, everything on screen was big and easy to see, and easy/quick to use. Now there is too much crap on the screen, and too much of it is too small. Too much stuff unnecessary stuff to fiddle with. Furthermore the so-called new process or "offsets" as they are called offer no increase in depth that I can see over the older unit. Change is not always better.

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics had 50 in stock at the beginning of last week. Direct order from them only.

you can PM me for details if you are interested.

Rick Kempf

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics had 50 in stock at the beginning of last week. Direct order from them only.

you can PM me for details if you are interested.

Rick Kempf

Funny, almost.
Fort Bedford Detectors, a long time authorized dealer can't get one, but you can get 50, direct from the company no less. I think most readers will know what is going on here.

I expect your next post to read; I just ordered one, and got it for $200.00 (or some other low number.)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys -
Rick, and.. Rick. :)

We like most dealers get our First Texas products through a distributor... they in turn get them from the factory. It was our distributor who is out sold out; I can surmise they are not ordering so they can apparently focus on the new product. Sometimes any business will get stuck with old stock, my guess is they are trying to avoid that. :)

While I could call the factory and order them direct, it could potentially have a negative impact on our relationship with the distributor. So if your info is correct (I'm not doubting it is) it sounds like anyone who wants an Omega 8000 might be best served by calling First Texas directly or finding a dealer with old stock. Perhaps you may get a blowout price on one!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not offering these Tek detectors for sale. If you want one - call Rubi at Teknetics at 915.633.8354 ext. 171.

I was asked to help get the word out and if you want to order one, Rubi will ask who referred you - I'd appreciate it if you said that Rick Kempf did.

If any of this is a violation of forum rules, I apologize, but I thought that this was an opportunity that folks would like to know about.

as far as where these units come from, I am told that Teknetics bought them back from the distributors after the 8500 was released.

Note to Rick NS, as you might expect, I was none too pleased to basically be called a scammer by you, but that's OK I guess.

Except that I am not. Please feel free to call First Texas products, I'm sure anyone in their marketing department will be happy to confirm what I have posted.

Just don't bother to try ordering one since I am told that this offer is for sales to US customers only.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good guys, thanks for the heads up!

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can verify that what Rick is saying is true. I called Rubi today to order one of the 8000's, and she asked who referred me. $375 shipped FedEx...

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a Omega 8000 version 5 for $375 shipped and it should be here today or tomorrow. They were sold out of the version 6 detectors, but the version 5 is exactly the same except the version 6 has a embedded serial number.

I've owned and used the Omega 8000 version 4, the Omega 8000 version 5 and the new Omega 8500. In my opinion the Omega 8000 version 5 is better than the Omega 8000 version 4 and is way better than its replacement, the Omega 8500.

I should have never sold my Omega 8000 version 5. I didn't keep the Omega 8500 long, because I really disliked it a lot. I'm so happy to have a Omega 8000 version 5 back in my detector arsenal. Dave Johnson out did himself on this one. If it had a 'white' back light, which I seldom need, it would be near perfect.

Rick Kempf thanks for the heads up. :icon_thumleft:

tabman

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Sir are a very intelligent entrepreneur.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: It is obvious that your actions reinforce the old saying, "Don't cut off your nose to spite
your face.:laughing7:
Marvin

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a Omega 8000 version 5 for $375 shipped and it should be here today or tomorrow. They were sold out of the version 6 detectors, but the version 5 is exactly the same except the version 6 has a embedded serial number.

I've owned and used the Omega 8000 version 4, the Omega 8000 version 5 and the new Omega 8500. In my opinion the Omega 8000 version 5 is better than the Omega 8000 version 4 and is way better than its replacement, the Omega 8500.

I should have never sold my Omega 8000 version 5. I didn't keep the Omega 8500 long, because I really disliked it a lot. I'm so happy to have a Omega 8000 version 5 back in my detector arsenal. Dave Johnson out did himself on this one. If it had a 'white' back light, which I seldom need, it would be near perfect.

Rick Kempf thanks for the heads up. :icon_thumleft:

tabman

Good deal on that one.

I have a version 4 myself but I really like it. I've already dug more silver coins this year than I dug all of last year. My one and ONLY complaint is that I've had EMI issues a few times. The upside is if you can deal with a little background chatter it still functions perfectly. You just need to pay closer attention. But most of my sites are no problem. At one site in particular there's a cell tower in very close proximity. Sometimes it's no problem at all and other times it's a bit noisy depending on what's going on with the tower I guess. Regardless, I still love the Omega.

I may keep my eyes peeled for a version 5 though. If one happens come my way at the right price I would love to try it. If it's better than the version 4 than it must be a really great machine because the 4 is great in my book. Since it's being phased out I guess I own a classic now.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman.....I have to ask....what didn't you like about the 8500 ?
taterbill

The main thing it was way too digital sounding for my likes. The audio response is really short and doesn't carry a lot of info. It has a lot of different program settings, but I only found one that worked halfway decent. It's nothing like the 8500.

beephead

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal on that one.

I have a version 4 myself but I really like it. I've already dug more silver coins this year than I dug all of last year. My one and ONLY complaint is that I've had EMI issues a few times. The upside is if you can deal with a little background chatter it still functions perfectly. You just need to pay closer attention. But most of my sites are no problem. At one site in particular there's a cell tower in very close proximity. Sometimes it's no problem at all and other times it's a bit noisy depending on what's going on with the tower I guess. Regardless, I still love the Omega.

I may keep my eyes peeled for a version 5 though. If one happens come my way at the right price I would love to try it. If it's better than the version 4 than it must be a really great machine because the 4 is great in my book. Since it's being phased out I guess I own a classic now.

Version 5 and 6 can be run at a lower sensitivity and not lose much or any depth. Still a little sensitive to EMI, but it does better than the version 4 does.

tabman

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Version 5 and 6 can be run at a lower sensitivity and not lose much or any depth. Still a little sensitive to EMI, but it does better than the version 4 does.

tabman

Well I reckon that's why they create new versions; to work out any existing kinks.

I'm kinda' bummed they're scrapping the G2. Although I've never even used one I hear from many users what a great machine it is.
After getting the Omega I still would love to get a T2 and/or a G2. Unfortunately times are a bit tough these days but that will change at some point.

When I want something enough a deal always pops up sooner or later but for this year I'm planning on using the Omega. The more I use it the more I know it and the better I like it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to pick up an Omega 8000 ver.6 for a great price from a TNet member. I can't wait until it arrives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions