OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1901 V Nickel will hold me over for another month or so...but I am well beyond overdue on a silver coin!

First hunt and video coming tomorrow. :occasion14:
Wake up, it's time to hunt!!!!!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wake up, it's time to hunt!!!!!

The bad news....

1 zinc and 5 coppers in 90 minutes. The wife walked over with 6 quarters 4 dimes and 8 coppers...snickering at how my enthusiasm had turned to sourness and how her 5in DD Gold Bug is the cats booty. She could barely contain herself. To be fair I was fiddling with tones and sens etc etc...first day with my new toy so I was not 100% into the hunt itself and still in the fiddling stage. :censored:

The good news...

One of the coppers was a 1959 at 8 inches. I almost gave up on it thinking it was a pipe or whatnot..but the ID was a pretty damn solid 82. The trigger pin pointing was dead on at 8 inches too. So I was quite impressed once I popped it out of the hole at a true 8 inches with good ID and good pinpointing depth accuracy.

What I learned....

So far I prefer 3 or 3b or 4 tones. Not really fan of the mid-tone sound in 1-1+2+....but it seems most prefer 2+ on the forums here and there. So perhaps something I need to force myself to listen too...idk.

I found a few bottle caps in 3 tones mode...solid 82's. So switch to 3b and sure enough it bounced all over the ID and the tone broke like crazy. Popped a dime and copper on the ground and they were perfect sounding. So 3b it is for bottle caps territory. Thought that was impressive.

UncleTerry

Aug 29, 2016
Moscow, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra-705
Teknetics T2 classic
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[/QSo far I prefer 3 or 3b or 4 tones. Not really fan of the mid-tone sound in 1-1+2+....but it seems most prefer 2+ on the forums here and there. So perhaps something I need to force myself to listen too...idkUOTE]

When I'm using my T2 I prefer the 2+ or 3 tone, with my hearing the upper two tones on the 4 tone setting sound almost the same to me. When I hunt a farmers field I prefer the 2+ with iron notched out or All metal with iron mask set at 10 I love the zip zip sound it makes in all metal to. In parks I usually set my sensitivity at 70 to start, lower if there's to much trash. I usually have my disc in the upper 40s or lower 50s

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Ill swap u a used 400 and a six pack of gator aid for it. :occasion14:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really want to test just how awesome the T2 really is, just go to all metal mode and crank up the sensitivity. She's DEEP!!!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, you must be careful because your T2 now has a gender. (She's DEEP!!!)

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So . Hunter.. How is your T2 doing ?

Love it so far Keppy. Landing 8-9 inch pennies at 75 sens with good ID. Scored 5 wheat pennies in 2 days at a school...one being a 1919 and another a 1930. No silver yet but it is on the way soon.

Never have been a fan of the First Texas 11 inch coil.....so will be getting a NEL SS or NEL Hunter......probably the Hunter just because of the name lol. That and the 5in DD as well.

So far really stable to EMI unless indoor or near some nasty tele lines. Crank it up to 90-99 to test and its stable just about everywhere I go. So the mini-DST they have works decently.

Recovery speed is just plain ridiculous. Not XP Deus reactivity 3 fast....but damn fast. I find it VERY hard to find complaints for it at $499.....yet alone what I paid for it (much less).

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I use a similar F70.
Started out using multiple tones with nickel turned into high tones because I hunt public parks so much.
Found a ton, but over the last couple of years I have tried most of the tones and settled on a few other favorites that work even better in really heavy iron and my mineralized, iron filled and infested SE. soil.
With practice I got really comfortable using all metal, 1 tone became a favorite also because it was so responsive, important when trying to notice severely masked targets and also less mentally fatigueing to listen to for me because it lacks any modulation.
Right now I am on a new tear to learn DP tones and see what it can do for me.
Also extremely fast and from what I recently learned the only disc tone option directly tied into the VDI screen numbers, (on the F70/F75 platform so I assume the T2 also), and that seems to have great unmasking abilities too...plus it seems to be pretty darn deep.
The F70/F75/T2 platform is just flat out amazing in their abilities as far as I have observed, even more so if you delve deep into those settings and see what they can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread