Teknetics Patriot On the Way!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!
Well after 2 years of not detecting, I am back at it. Started getting into road cycling then broke my leg in Dec 2016, got cast off in April. I recently felt the urge to start digging again, but decided I wanted to try a different machine. I really loved the Omega V.4, so I wanted to go with another Teknetics machine. I read so many good things about the new Ameritek Patriot and for the price, I had to give it a try. Should have it in a few days, hoping someone could give me any info on how they run it. I am sure I could probably apply tips from the F70, but thought I would see if any Patriot users have any suggestions. Thanks so much for any input. Happy Digging, Scott

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Exact same unit as an F70 but with a cooler color so all info on either will be the same.
Tons of info out there about this one, the F70 definitely because it has been around years longer.
I have written a bunch about my experiences with my F70 and lots of those posts are here in this forum.
I have gotten very technical over on Finds in the F Series forum under the name Revere, and if you Google "Digger27's F70 log"
my log will pop up with everything important I learned from day one and then for the first several months in it also with a lot of more technical information...which you should ignore for now.
Plenty of time to learn the more deeper technical stuff up the road if you are into that.

I quit adding to that log when I stopped experimenting on all targets and finally settled down with a few favorite settings and just hunted.
That log was all about hunting in good dirt, since then I moved back to the mineralized SE. and I was forced to start experimenting again and in the last few years I have learned much more about hunting in some very difficult dirt.

Read up on any of all that you want, of course just getting out there and swinging the thing will teach you much.
Have fun...ask questions if you have them at any time.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that Dave. I remember a few years ago, you sent me a 'book' (lol) about all of your experience/finds with the F2 and the gold/diamond ring that you were selling to get the F70. You always provide very detailed and helpful info. I will definitely check out the log you referred to. Much appreciated!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread