new detector ordered

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
As the title says, I went and ordered my T2LTD, I chose that over the Patriot because I wanted the 5'' coil and Head phones as part of the bundle which they do plus it comes with a whole lot of other goodies including a pinpointer and free shipping. Also the huntergt made a comment that sort of got me curious because him being a owner of both machines (T2 classic not a LTD) that he fiddles with the Patriot more but uses the T2 to actually detect.

I would have thought the Patriot would have been easier to set up compared the the T2 seeing they basically work off the same platform with one having a few more bells and whistles. Only one thing makes me nervous is that the T2 is approx 10 years old now and unless the newer versions are better technology are they getting out dated? Undecided and is Teknetic going to bring out the next generation detector soon.

Still I am looking forward to getting it and experimenting with it a little and trying it out.. Smile hoping it is a step up and not a step side ways compared to the ATPRO

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold and Silver with your new rod! :headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Side note: The T2 and The Fisher F75LTD are both made buy First Texas co. The difference being the T2 has a higher iron setting. Good luck :thumbsup:

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry about the "dated" thing. I just got a patriot and an f75+. After all my research I decided that one of the reasons they been around for years is they have been digging up the goods for years. They're proven machines man,...and so is your T2. Swing it, enjoy it, ...and above all post all your finds here for us to see.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Swagman, Congrat's to you on the order of the new T2. This is the detector that my hunting buddy uses and he does well with it. Like said, if a detector model has been around for awhile there is usually a reason for its existence, and that is it is a Proven Performer. Best of Luck to you.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may also go ahead and just order the T2+. Had thought about the F75+ but will probably just hunt in 2L anyway. The 3 tone mode seems to be a little unstable when the coins are deeper. I didn't seem to have any inconsistencies in tone with my older 8500 Teknetics coin computer in the 80s which was a 4 filter machine. Then when the new Teks are out and reviews are in will have enough saved up for one of those new machines in 2k range.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will enjoy your T2LTD. Just know that VLF technology hit it's Apex about a decade ago. The newer VLF machines are coming out with a few more tweaks and some can run in more than one frequency. I have been swinging the cousin to your machine for 4 years and am very happy with it. I swing the F75LTD.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks guy, it will be here Tuesday on the third

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new toy! That T2 with the hockey puck coil is a sniffer!

My only advise is to get the NEL Tornado coil for the deeper targets and when you have all the accessories definitely go back over any areas you already hit with the AT pro. The T2 is deeper and definitely better recovery speed.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a new Liberator a couple weeks ago.Just fooling around in the front yard(not planing on finding anything). Turned it on,set in coin mode,Sens. set at 5 . It wasn't 2 minutes and it found a quarter @ 7" and a dime @ 5". Think I'm in love :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread