Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BenVa68
  • 1 Post By BenVa68

Thread: Review of the Mars Tiger coil

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Bendiggn

Mar 2018
    Hopewell va.
    Technetics T2+
    291 times
    Metal Detecting

Review of the Mars Tiger coil

This is by no means meant to be a a professional review. They are just my personal opinions after using the Tiger coil for a few weeks. I purchased the Mars Tiger coil for my T2+ a few weeks ago and I have had a chance to use it for about 30 hours now. It is well constructed and although Mars says it does not require a coil cover it does come with one so i decided to use it. "I like to keep the things i own nice". It is about the same weight as the stock T2 coil although with the mounting bracket centered instead of off set like the stock coil it does feel a little different swinging it at first. Right off the bat i noticed this coil is fast. It has great recovery speed. There is also a slight increase in depth. I would say on average depending on the conditions you get about another inch or two sometimes more. But the most significant difference i noticed vs the stock coil was the way it handles EMI. At one particular site i hunt there was an entire section of the property I was previously unable to hunt using the stock coil because of interference from the power lines. With the Tiger coil I was able hunt the entire property and at one point i was actually directly underneath the main transmission lies. I did have to reduce my sensitivity quite a bit but at least i could hunt it where before it wasn't possible. I looked at several coils prior to purchasing this one and there really wasn't a lot of info or reviews online about them like some of the other coils because they are still fairly new to the U.S. so i took a chance with my $180.00 and purchased it. but from the experience I've had with it so far i would highly recommend it if you are having EMI issues or are just looking for a sensitive,well built all around good coil.
    RTR likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    15847 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Coils do not have a recovery speed, the detector has the processor, thus it gets credit for fast recovery speed. Glad to hear you enjoy the coil. Happy Hunting.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Bendiggn

Mar 2018
    Hopewell va.
    Technetics T2+
    291 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah. Must be the way I worded it. I was afraid a larger coil might affect the sensitivity but It was actually better with seperation and picking up small targets in Iron.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links