Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Full disclaimer, since I bought my Nox 800 and a backup 600 I haven't used my T2 SE LTD a lot. However, one of the various reasons was that I HATE wired headphones. I tried a few different bluetooth options in the past but the latency, while not impossible, made pinpointing, especially in high trash / busy signal areas a total PITA. Well, I decided to look for a APTX Low Latency transmitter that was small, usb powered, and well, quality. I found it. I hunted last Sunday since it was in the 70's (20's now with snow) and it worked awesome. The only downside is that I only got about 2 hours or so out of it before it died. Nbd, I have a million power banks so I zip-tied a small power bank to it and the detector and got 8 hours in. Pinpointing was as good as using wired. I'm sold at $19!

Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B07W5S2WVN/

FYI, you will need an adapter for the larger headphone jack (why do people even use the 1/4" jacks anymore, I feel the same way about them as I do flat blade screws)!

HTH,
-Bill

P.S. This is not an affiliate link or anything of the sort, just helping some people out if they are tired of cussing at their headphone wire. This should work great with any "wired" detector.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice. I’ve been using Deteknix wireless. They are an older set and the smaller ear cups. Love them. There is zero lag. They are great on all my machines. Really love them on the G2 and the T2. Usually 8 hours or so. I’ve the transmitter die first and I’ve had the headset die first. I will definitely buy another set when need be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread