which large aftermarket coil gets the best depth with the T2 classic.....

mercdime

May 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone out there. I recently got the stock 15 inch coil for the T2 classic. The depth is definitely more impressive. I just noticed that there are also extra large coils for the T2 from after market brand manufacturers NEL, Mars, and Cors. I think the one from Cors and NEL are 15x17 and the Mars coil is a 15x15. Just wondering if anyone out there might have some experience with some of these coils, and if so, what are your thoughts on how any of them perform. Any suggestions on which one is deepest....

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has been posted earlier and some of 'your' answers are found below on Teknetics Forum. I myself am still considering one, just not sure what one? Some say that Teknetics 15" coil that was being offered for $89.00 was 4pounds? I have seen other larger after market coils roughly ~2pds. Just not so much of swinging so top heavy here myself with the T2 15"er.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/582347-t2-classic-after-market-coils.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mercdime

May 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been posted earlier and some of 'your' answers are found below on Teknetics Forum. I myself am still considering one, just not sure what one? Some say that Teknetics 15" coil that was being offered for $89.00 was 4pounds? I have seen other larger after market coils roughly ~2pds. Just not so much of swinging so top heavy here myself with the T2 15"er.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/582347-t2-classic-after-market-coils.html

I see. thanks for the link. Yes the factory 15 inch coil is a bear. In low grass its not too bad. In a field of grass around 4 in high it can be tough to hold up and swing or swing down into the grass. It will punch deep though. Had good success going back over areas where I have found wheat pennies....more coins. Deep silver and more wheats that were out of reach with the stock coil.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using the T2's cousin since 2014 (F75 LTD). I did buy a 15" butterfly coil back in 2015. I rarely use it, and if I do, I need to use a sling if I plan on swinging it for more than an hour. Good luck on whichever large coil you choose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread