Teknetics T2 Professional

MGB

Jun 29, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Researching
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in getting into detecting. An acquaintence is offering to sell me an 8 year old lightly used Teknetics T2 Professional with with multiple coils and pinpointers and all of the accessories to get started. I have a few questions.
1. What am I giving up buying an 8 year old detector vs new technology?
2. He paid $900 for the detector. Is $500 a fair price?

Thanks,
Mike

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing you give up is a warranty. type in Teknetics T-2 SE and you will see they are no where near $900 and you can buy one for around $ 600 , I guess the extra cost is in the multiple coils and pin pointers.
go to our sponsored vendors down the forum pages and make you a deal with one of them on a new machine with a warranty and that new machine will treat you good.

I Have the T-2 SE and paid just a bit more than your buddies used one. It came with 2 coils , coil covers, top of the line headphones and a high grade digger.

You would get much more feedback if posted in the teknetics or general chat forum.
see if a Mod will move it for you .

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard MGB! Take a look at Forum: Minnesota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to BRANDS > TEKNETICS for more exposure.

OP
OP
M

MGB

Jun 29, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Researching
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticndig,

I appreciate the heads up on the current T-2 SE pricing and the value of warranty when buying new.

Will also try to post in the correct forum next time.

Thanks Again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread