I live between Shiloh TN and Corinth MS.

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
Hey Mayor....I'm from Pulaski...Maybe when it cools off a little we can kick some dirt around. I haven't hunted there..got a few spots here...Welcome to the site....

George

tndigger

Mar 11, 2009
tn
Detector(s) used
teknetics T2
hey mayor welcome to tnet I live in west tn I would also be interested in a hunt when the weather is cooler would'nt want the lead to melt when I dig it up lol.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I live near South Padre Island Texas now, but I was born and raised in Milledgeville. Between Corinth and Shiloh? Michie, Actin, or Eastview? Regardless, I just got back from doing renactments at Brices Crossroads Miss and Franklin Tn. It could be awhile before I get back. I could holler at you then.(Possibly Christmas)

bfid

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2009
TENN.
Detector(s) used
X70,SE
New guy saying hi. I live around Lexington Tn.Me and my little boy would love to join you sometime if you still have room.

GaryM5

Greenie
Sep 14, 2008
Reelfoot Lake, Tn / Pickwick Lake, Tn
Detector(s) used
white's Qxt Pro
Hey..I live at Pickwick Lake, 1.5 miles from Bruton Branch State Park. I would love to hunt some. I'm a rookie and have a White Qxt Pro. I've heard good and bad things about the Qxt, but it was given to me by a friend, and he only used it only 2 times, and said detecting wasn't for him.. :dontknow: go figure..lol.
I don't have any places to hunt yet, but I've been hunting around the swimming area and beach at the main state park at the lake. No one has said anything about not hunting yet so I'll keep on. Shoot they even watch me some times while they are eating there lunch at the picnic tables, so I guess it's ok.
Good Hunting.....Gary

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
You know I read somewhere here that there is a permit from the TVA so that you can hunt most any of their property. All you have to do is apply. Search it on the search engine for Treasure net, download the permit, fill it out and send it in and voila, legal eagle for Pickwick. Good luck.

tndigger

Mar 11, 2009
tn
Detector(s) used
teknetics T2
:icon_pirat:
Metal Detectors may be used in TVA property in the following locations:
-Within formal swimming areas
-Within the designated boundaries of TVA Campgrounds
(campsite must be unoccupied)
-Immediately adjacent to public launching ramps(within 100 feet)
-Parking areas associated within any of the above
TVA AREAS ONLY NOT STATE PARK'S SUCH AS PICKWICK LANDING STATE PARK
I would advise not to bend TVA's rules and abide strictly to them.
THERE IS A LISTING OF TVA AREAS ON THEIR WEBSITE.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Christmas is coming and I will be back in Tennessee. Mayor, if you still want to hunt just PM me here.

bikemachanic

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near South Padre Island Texas now, but I was born and raised in Milledgeville. Between Corinth and Shiloh? Michie, Actin, or Eastview? Regardless, I just got back from doing renactments at Brices Crossroads Miss and Franklin Tn. It could be awhile before I get back. I could holler at you then.(Possibly Christmas)

do you know my cousin mr. ambrose the re-anactor with the twelve pounder cannon? i am from acton and corinth but now digging holes in waynesboro.

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are MD's allowed at Shalio, can any one detect there? I thought it was a National Monument. If it is ok, I will love to try if it is allowed. Jon at Hermitage.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are MD's allowed at Shalio, can any one detect there? I thought it was a National Monument. If it is ok, I will love to try if it is allowed. Jon at Hermitage.

Not allow, it's a national historic Battlefield so any thing in the grounds there would belong to the state.

You could try hunting lands adjacent to the park, with permission on private lands, you could find some neat stuff?!?!

Getting permission would be the tricky part.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Corinth to Shiloh

I hunted with a Mark out there a couple of times in the late 1980's. Mark was a big man. Maybe 280lbs and about 30 years old.Seems there was a hunter named Bill too that was an old veteran hunter. I have just started back. Have not hunted out there in 20 years but still have all my old topos somewhere that showed a few spots. Maybe these new machines will work well. I would love to come out for a weekend after the fields have been cut. I live in south east tennessee , one of the most beautiful places on earth and if you invite me out , I will assist you on good advice on a fall low budget trip to the mountains of east tennessee and western north carolina. I dont get around too well , recovering from minor knee injuries but used to be a master outdoorsman including whitewater so will make sure you and your family have a good time in our mountains. Is Rusell's Beef House still open ? Can't wait to go there ! p.s. I knew the dear little old lady who opened the museum there in Corinth , I'm she has moved on " up stairs " by now but what a sweet little lady she was.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread