Newb Here from Chattanooga

Kimbrough

Jun 18, 2006
Signal Mountain, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hello all. I've been lurking for a long while. I finally bought my first detector the other day - an ACE 250. For the price paid I love it! I have detected plenty of trash in my backyard so far but I'm pretty darn good at the Pinpoint function. I live on Signal Mountain so gimme a holla if you know of good places to hunt!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey welcome to t-net and Chattanooga. You are in an area rich for metal detecting. You are on Signal mtn. Try with the what they called the Civil War Cracker line and check out some maps.
The road called suck creek @ the bottom of the mtn was also filled with confederate snipers at an area called the big Suck in the Tennessee river. Try to get permission on your hunts if possible and watch for snakes. Also many of the bridges across local creeks saw much camping and activity. Watch where you park and study the locals. A place called Hickory Valley Electric is open on Thursdays.They have a good club from what I hear and some displays of their hunts inside. I hunt yards across battle strewn Chattanooga. My main forte is Indian artifacts and your mtn or waldens ridge is loaded on the bluffs and drainages
Hope I helped you on your journey.
TnMountains

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Kimbrough
I'm also new to MDing. I also bougt the Ace 250,and I am at the bottom of Signal MTN,on John Burch Rd.
Let me know if you wanna go diggin.......... I'm looking around Sequatchie River area,which is across the road from where I live. Thinking along the river would be a good spot.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Whitesdie Tn Civil war. The bridge foundations are still there.We hunted it once on the aetna mtn side we should have been across the freeway. This is also on your way to Little Seq. Good luck guys
TnMtns

Attachments

• pd-228366709762934837.jpg
    pd-228366709762934837.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 426

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Kim

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 433
OP
OP
Kimbrough

Kimbrough

Jun 18, 2006
Signal Mountain, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for all the replies!

TNMountains - I have read many of your posts and you are very gracious with your info. Thanks a lot!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kimbrough said:
Thanks for all the replies!

TNMountains - I have read many of your posts and you are very gracious with your info. Thanks a lot!

You are welcome. Look forward to hearing about your finds. Its a fun hobby. I just got a great yard to dig that I know has to be covered in CW lead. Sometimes your own yard is the one that gives up the best treasures.
HH
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread