Brentwood !!!!

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
Do you mean Brentwood, TN? It is just across the river from me. Never hunted there. Are there some key sites there that I should check out?

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D Yeah, after the Civil War... Albert Pike and the Knights of the Golden Circle were located in Nashville... there is a "legend" about CSA $$$$$$ and weapons buried in the hills near Brentwood, Tn., to get and fight another "day"... I even heard that it was buried near an old Masonic Lodge that "backed" into a hill or something... look for a building that MAY have been built into an hillside... IF torn down... just MD the area IF U can... Just do engine search on Albert Pike in Nashville, Tn. & Knights of the Golden Circle Treasures in Brentwood, Tn. (near the Franklin Pike ???). ;)

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Yo' Rebel... you left out a few "minor" details about the Brentwood KGC cache that they will need to know if they decide to go looking for it.

1. It is extremely large... about 60,000 bars of gold. 2. It is EXTREMELY BOOBYTRAPPED... as in "Graveyard DEAD"! 3. The "New KGC" really doesn't want the likes of us opening that cache and might be of a mind to commit violence upon the person or persons attempting to open it. 4.Several years ago I believe the site had been fenced off as somekind of a military training site... saw military personnel and vehicles in the area behind a tall chain link fence that stretched over a lot of acres... don't know what the present status on the property is.
5. For all the problems facing the would-be finder and recoverer of this cache, the REAL problems would begin once the gold was in his/her possession. Problems so bad the finder would likely wish they had never heard of that treasure.

I have been at the treasure hunting game for over 35 years and after extensive evaluation of the site and obstacles confronting any recovery I personally wouldn't go near that one other than to gaze and... and dream... ;) from afar. As Clint Eastwood said, in a rare moment of verbal wisdom in one of his movies.... "A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS"! There are MANY other KGC sites more favorable to recoveries and... a lot of them ARE in Tennessee.

Happy (hoot owl) trails!

DC

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: THANKS! DC... I ALSO read that it was BOOBYTRAPPED... it doesn't suprise me, that the Feds/U.S. Army (or whomever), were in there getting stuff... best way to set off boobytraps is to make it a "firing range"... it seems a lot of "old" treasure sites are "firing ranges", U.S. Gov't Property... military "bases", etc...
DANG! ::)

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Look at the bright side, Rebel.... while the Yoo Essss milleeterry is busy guardin or pilferin all those big ol KGC sites it leaves us free to go lookin for and collectin from... the "smaller" caches. Many of the smaller ones that they don't put much effort into keeping track of have $2 to 10 million in them and... the best part... NO booby traps! By the way... Brentwood has a "bolthole" entrance into the back side that... if one knows where to look for it and what it is... can provide access to the cache without triggering the booby-traps. That being said, however, it does NOT mean that the milleeterry has not put sensors or other electron. surveillance to catch anyone attempting to access the site.

Ol Jesse Lee James III told me back in the 70's to watch out for the ones that have a RED HAND painted near the entrance or over a blocked off tunnel inside a bigger cave. According to him any bigger ones that are safe to excavate (at least as far as booby-traps go) would have TWO BLACK HANDS painted near the entrance to the cache.

I found one of their RED HAND sites in Arkansas but another man had beat me to the site by a couple of years... he's still in the cave... buried under tons of rock and dirt from the black powder trap that he triggered. Problem is... the collapse of 3/4 of the cave has made for a mammoth recovery effort necessary to get to the gold.
The site is owned by the wife of a former Yoo Ess prezzydint so... one cannot spend too long there at one time without drawing the wrong kind of attention.

Nice thing about the KGC... they put so MUCH stuff away in so MANY caches in every state that when you are blocked from recovery on one you can go work on another.

If nothing else, the KGC has provided tons of ENTERTAINMENT for all of us TH'ers with a gleam for their gold in our eyes. ;)

DC

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D yep, DC... HAVE YOU SEEN THE TURTLE GO BY? HA! And now... for MORE "entertainment"... according to Book BEFORD VILLAGES, LOST & FOUND # III, P. 253, "Legend has it that after the notorious Jesse James, a product of post war turbulance, and rage, was killed, his brother, Frank, came EAST and visited relatives in the area..." (Stewartsville, Va. - full of James families... Bedford County, Va. - full of Dalton families... Jesse & Frank's momma was a DALTON from Georgia...); and since you mentioned J. L. James III... there is a "mystery man" of the mountains above Goose Creek Valley of Bedford County, Va... "Buck" W. T. Wright, who claimed he was part of the Cole Younger Gang... we THINK it was FRANK JAMES in hiding... watching over the BEALE/BEALL Treasure... which MAY have been put down by Thomas J. Beale... OR Thomas JESSE BEALL... HA! :o

SonoftheSouth

Greenie
Jun 23, 2014
TN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll chum the water.
More than nothing has been recovered, but in reality, very little. I believe some have been moved - within the last 10 years or less.
For those interested, a little something to get started with:
Murder on the Wilson Pike: And other tales of Williamson County. - interesting reading.
The graves at the Owen cemetery are offset at an angle within the enclosure.
Where did the coal and iron to run the forge originate? Why was it shut down? If you can answer with any specifics, please contact me.
Of course, there is also Holly Tree Gap and the old "confederate" roads in the hills.

plaidgolfer

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a lot of research and digging. I can't find any records of any sort of mine in brentwood, no mason lodges in Brentwood. I can't even find any info on caves in Brentwood.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never knew there was a murder on Wilson Pike Son of The South. I'll look for that book.

rztcrawford

Greenie
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo' Rebel... you left out a few "minor" details about the Brentwood KGC cache that they will need to know if they decide to go looking for it.

1. It is extremely large... about 60,000 bars of gold. 2. It is EXTREMELY BOOBYTRAPPED... as in "Graveyard DEAD"! 3. The "New KGC" really doesn't want the likes of us opening that cache and might be of a mind to commit violence upon the person or persons attempting to open it. 4.Several years ago I believe the site had been fenced off as somekind of a military training site... saw military personnel and vehicles in the area behind a tall chain link fence that stretched over a lot of acres... don't know what the present status on the property is.
5. For all the problems facing the would-be finder and recoverer of this cache, the REAL problems would begin once the gold was in his/her possession. Problems so bad the finder would likely wish they had never heard of that treasure.

I have been at the treasure hunting game for over 35 years and after extensive evaluation of the site and obstacles confronting any recovery I personally wouldn't go near that one other than to gaze and... and dream... ;) from afar. As Clint Eastwood said, in a rare moment of verbal wisdom in one of his movies.... "A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS"! There are MANY other KGC sites more favorable to recoveries and... a lot of them ARE in Tennessee.

Happy (hoot owl) trails!

DC

Where is this site with the fences? I live not to far and have been compiling information on this supposed treasure. I have yet to see any government restricted properties in the areas I have looked!! Any additional information would be great. All info I find during my next trip I will post with pictures. My email is [email protected] if anyone has additional photos or info!!

KGC Hunter TN

Nov 27, 2018
south Nashville TN
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello all,
New to this forum and new to treasure hunting, anyone hunting for the KGC Gold in the franklin, Brentwood Tn area? I have some papers passed down to me from my father, who's father(my Grandfather) was a freemason here in Tn.
I do not have any tools or detectors yet, but wondering if anyone is looking for someone to hunt with?

Thanks for your time and look forward to meeting some of you!
Rick!
^~~^^^x

KGC Hunter TN

Nov 27, 2018
south Nashville TN
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hints: 10 to 11 miles south of Nashville, Not quite accurate, according to papers. Some areas mentioned on this forum is what brought me here, they are extremely close, I think. just an FYI. this is all theory and not trying to ruffle feathers, just want to be part of looking for it.
thanks!
My email is listed in my profile, please email if you are interested.
^~~^^^x

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Rick...There's a lot of discussion on Brentwood in the KGC Section here. You might have more replies by posting there. Another pretty new member, Coiltek3 or something similar who's recently posted about wanting to work Brentwood from a research standpoint has several posts about his interests there.

There has been a lot of research done on Brentwood from longtime members as well. I'm sure they will chime in if you have questions.

Good Luck

Kace

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread