upper east tn gold

Weldin It

Apr 14, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are 2 of us in JC that are testing areas .... slowly. So far no luck around Erwin. Chasing down rumors and what look like possible spots. The closer you get to the NC border, the more likely it seems you would be able to find color.

Weldin It

Apr 14, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once we get tired of Erwin, I am probably going to look around Hampton and Mountain City. Beyond that... looking at jumping the border into NC. Hardest part is finding public land out towards that way. Lots of Private Farms.

Weldin It

Apr 14, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I honestly don't know but I won't push it. TWRA already seems to not want any prospecting. No need to get Land Owners or other Gov. Departments looking down on us.

Weldin It

Apr 14, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing yet except black sand. I panned on the Noli the other week on both sides of a bend and nothing but sore legs and back...lol. I was hopeful for the Noli due to where it starts. Might go back and try again sometime.

army0f0ne007

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2013
I have access to a large stretch of creek in blountville that is easy access and ok with thr land owner to pan. I am a newbie at prospecting i have moderate eqipment but i am retired so i have a lot.of.time to invest... If anyone would be interested in sampling let me know and the land owner is my grand father so no worries...thx and happy picking n panning...i live of island road the creek is behind. beechnut raceway there is quite a few places of bedrock and it floods a lot due to its fed in places by a natural.spring... I am still learning and since i joined for three years i figure i want to learn all i can...

Weldin It

Apr 14, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you come back on T-net, check your private messages. I put some info in there. I would also be interested in helping you test out the creek and sharing what I know. Just let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread