ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dusty. Just wanted to say howdy- I grew up in Kspt and still have lots of relatives and friends there. Unfortunately none of them metal detect.

(man, that's a heck of a commute)

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Hi Dusty. Just wanted to say howdy- I grew up in Kspt and still have lots of relatives and friends there. Unfortunately none of them metal detect.

(man, that's a heck of a commute)

Cool deal....where ya live now? Did you md when you lived here?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A qualified no on the MDing in Kspt. I had a Radio Shack in the 70s that was given to me that literally found nothing but trash (I didn't have much patience as a youngster.....well, less than I have now anyway). I did detect the Legion Pool this year after they took the fence down but only found one merc and a couple of wheats (a fellow who was also detecting that morning said he was certain that someone had climbed the fence and cherry picked the place).

doodah

Greenie
Jan 27, 2009
Spring City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Master hunter 5, Bounty Hunter 3300, minelab xterra 705(sold)
Deus XP
Quick thread bump. .im in spring city which is between Knoxville and chattanooga....anyone near?

loofielew

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im brand new to the site, and live in Kingsport, Tennessee. I am disabled but get around just fine. Would go M,ding anytime with anyone who wants company. Have my own detector. Its a cheapie but it works none the less. Its a garret?

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonesborough here. Girlfriend and i both md, although mostly in south carolina. Havent had much luck in my area of tn

doodah

Greenie
Jan 27, 2009
Spring City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Master hunter 5, Bounty Hunter 3300, minelab xterra 705(sold)
Deus XP
Hey! At least were getting some interest..I'm trying to get into the hobby, ive had a detector since the late 80's but have never used it more than just turning it on and playing around for a few minutes..nobody i know has one so Ive just been by my self and mostly at ball fields and such..i have no where to go and would love some Md'ing friends.i dont mind driving a hour or so to hunt..usually my Saturdays are free i do have to work once a month

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Im brand new to the site, and live in Kingsport, Tennessee. I am disabled but get around just fine. Would go M,ding anytime with anyone who wants company. Have my own detector. Its a cheapie but it works none the less. Its a garret?

What part of Kingsport you in? I am in the Sullivan Gardens area.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm near exit 50 off I-81. Fall Branch/Jonesborough exit. Moved here 3 years ago from NH and haven't been out much due to not really knowing where to go. Not sure what the local laws are with regards to public property.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Yeah they are rather sketchy. I am going to send you a pm with my information when the weather breaks we will get together.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sullivan Gardens! Had an uncle that used to live there.
xit 50 is my geological thesis area- know it well!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Greeneville about a mile from Richard (Backwoods Detectors online). I'm 65 and usually hunt our parks here in Greeneville. But if anyone gets a meeting for a group hunt, let me know.

I used to live in Gate City, then Blountville, and used to hunt Warriors Path and the Fairgrounds Ball Fields in Gray (6 years ago)

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone interested in getting together for a hunt pm me. Live in jonesborough

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Greeneville about a mile from Richard (Backwoods Detectors online). I'm 65 and usually hunt our parks here in Greeneville. But if anyone gets a meeting for a group hunt, let me know.

I used to live in Gate City, then Blountville, and used to hunt Warriors Path and the Fairgrounds Ball Fields in Gray (6 years ago)

I think you meant to say 'Gate BYGAWD City'. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions